K7V and MatroxG400 Dualhed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7V and MatroxG400 Dualhed

The above combination on win 98SE clean install is working OK until I have to restart or shut down. Then I get blu screan with pres any key and the system is frozen !! Every time! Tried Uni driver and the latest 2 drivers w9x520 and beta_w9x601 - no change.
    On second partition with W2k clean install the problem is different.Here I can't boot.The system is restarting every time during the boot.
    The system is new with mb, videocard, HD, 128MBRAM, flopy and CDrw only, there is no software installed except what's coming with win instalation.
    When building the system I left all jumpers on MB as default-recomended.

The same G400 is working OK on my old second machine with the same drivers on GA-686LX3 motherboard.
    And Old Productiva G100 is working on K7V with no problems (I didn't find any in 20 minutes and ~ 10 restarts.

Help,please!

Looks like you did not install your VIA chipset patches. Also be sure to have the latest BIOS update for your mobo

Comment

Same config here (i mean W2K), had same problems in april.
      Well, at that time ASUS just released bios 1004beta that finaly worked fine with W2K and G400.
      Now it's 1005 or even 1006, I strongly suggest you update your mobo bios. That may help in windows 98 too.

Well, basicaly any drivers will do, although 5.11 fixes some texture bugs in OpenGL.
      Unfortunately I still have some weird problems in DirectX, we'll see how it'll work for you...
      Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

BIOS is now 1.007

Comment

I downloaded the latest 4 i 1 VIA drivers and new BIOS - problem fixed!

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X