Wierd problem with my Mystique/RRS add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd problem with my Mystique/RRS add-on

I´m trying to help a friend of mine to install a Mystique PCI card plus the RRS add-on card in his computer, but we´ve ran into some problems...

Installation and setup worked just fine, but when we fired up the remote control, and switched to line in, we only got a still picture in the video window.
    We checked connections and settings, but everything looked OK.

The video window does not update its contents until we drag the window or clicks somewhere on the remote control, and we only get a new still picture.

Next, we tried to capture a few seconds of video, hit record, waited and hit stop. The reportwindow says that 0 frames were captured, 0 frames dropped...

We have tried to uninstall/reinstall the card/drivers, switched PCI slots, fiddled around some with the BIOS settings etc., but nothing seems to help.

Help! Someone got a clue?

Sammy

System spec.
    --------------
    PIII 500, 32 Mb ram, 3.2 Gb HD
    Matrox Mystique, RRS add-on
    Motherboard (unknown manufacturer...) w/ VIA chipset and AMI BIOS
    Displaydrivers 4.31
    VidTools 2.10 Eng.
    Win98SE
    Sammy

This could be caused by your BIOS settings. In the PCI settings of the BIOS, you must have the Edge Detect set to 'LEVEL' & NOT 'EDGE.
    Try changing this.

It could be that you may have the same problem as me though, The BIOS on the PC I am trying to get working at the moment does not have this option, in which case we appear to be complete stuffed.
    Anyone from MATROX got any suggestions??????
    Paul C

Comment

Ok, I hope I´ve got those settings, can´t remember that I´ve seen them, but there was a lot more settings than in my Award BIOS.

Thanx for the tip! You just gave me new hope worth some more hours of endless reinstalls/restarts/praying/cursing etc...

Sammy
      Sammy

Comment

Working...
      X