No announcement yet.

driver for HP VectraVLI8 G200 onboard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driver for HP VectraVLI8 G200 onboard??

Can anyone tell me if I can use the regular G200 driver (5.41/5.55/etc) on the HP Vectra VLI8 which has on board 8M G200 AGP built-in??

HP site only has PD 4.28.037 from 1998 which seems kinda old.

THanks. George.

Although it's a Matrox G200 chip, drivers and BIOS updates fall on HP's shoulders in these on-board video cases. Newer Matrox drivers may or may not work for your system. Only way to find out is to try them.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If you're going to experiment, I've had luck in a Compaq with the 5.41 drivers.

Comment

Brian R.:

Is your Compaq having on-board G200 graphics as well???
        If the Matrox drivers doesn't work, do you think I can try the Compaq driver on my HP if it is newer than the HP driver??

G.

Comment

I wouldn't try the CPQ driver in the HP.

The G200 was a card built for CPQ by Matrox (not on-board video). It was not supported by Matrox tech support (at least officially). The referred me to CPQ for tech support, but were willing to give me some help (actually they recommended I try the 5.41 drivers as the most dependable).

I've had other Matrox products for CPQ (Millenium II for example) totally lock the system with Matrox drivers. Only the CPQ drivers would work in those cases.

You might get someone else's feedback on this, but it might be possible to flash the BIOS in the HP card with a standard Matrox G200 BIOS and then use the Matrox drivers.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 19 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X