Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no fix to DVD CCAD errors?

Hi,
    I've just jumped from SS7 to SocketA world... Now I'm experiencing troubles.
    In my SS7 system the DVD module with RRG and G200 worked perfectly.
    With this Asus A7V and Duron setup the SoftDVD gives CCAD errors and sometimes regsvr32 errors at the setup phase. The interesting part is that if I run softdvd after this crappy installation sometimes it gives BSOD, sometimes it "just" causes some error and says it'll quit, but instead of quitting it starts to play the movie perfectly...
    The appearance of BSOD or the fault vary, but it's quite annoying.
    I tried reinstalling win w/o softdvd. When I tried to install MGI SoftDVD Max(without installing SoftDVD first) it also caused a CCAD error...
    PowerDVD works, but the tv output quality is not even close to the mods quality.
    Is there any workaround for this problem? I disabled power management and things like this. I tried to rearrange cards in the mobo without any success. I read the forums, but it seems there wasn't any solution for this problem.
    Some good news: with this PD6 beta the system is rock stable in gaming and in video editing. My Duron 700 is stable at 863MHz with normal air cooling...

Buy a real HS/fan combo ASAP!!! That's hotter than all get out, what is your ambient temp?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Buy a real HS/fan combo ASAP!!! That's hotter than all get out, what is your ambient temp?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, ambient _can_be_ a problem... In the afternoon it's 32C+(ambient), the processor is ~60C.
        In the morning it's much better. The CPU is about 45-52C... I think it's better, but it doesn't help the CCAD problem...
        But as I make it out from your reply I'd better have a new cooling system...
        BTW: In the meantime I found a K6 compatible CCAD.DLL for SoftDVD. I'll give it a try, but I can report the results tomorrow the soonest...

Comment

32+ inside? Oy! Ever thought of water cooling?

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 14 August 2000).]

Comment

I wonder what BBQ Durons taste like?
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Mmm stable does this error occur when you run the Duron at normal speed. One program failing to run can indicate an unstable system.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes, I put everything back to 7x100, but no effect... I tried older versions of PD, but it didn't help...
                Stable=3DMark2000+Quake3+Vampire+Alien vs Predator for 10+ hours/day...
                Oh, and my system is:
                Duron700,
                Asus A7V,
                128Meg PC133 SDRAM,
                Matrox G200+8Meg+DVD+RRG+TVO(PD6, VT1.54),
                Pioneer 10x DVD,
                SB Live value(Liveware 2),
                Realtek NIC,
                Quantum Fireball SE,
                and Win98SE...
                BTW: Is 60 degrees Celsius OK for the processor?

Comment

Water cooling? Maybe I'll put a swimming pool in my room... The summer is very hot here in Hungary this year...
                  Pit: I'll send you a piece of it when it's ready...
                  Back to business: I tried that K6 compatible CCAD, but it still doesn't work.
                  Anybody any idea?
                  BTW: I'll get the biggest fan/heatsink combo I can later this week. So if you hear in the evening news some kind of tornado in Europe don't be afraid, just think about me.

Comment

Ganyaik:

Got the same problem when I upped from a ss7 K63 to one of Greebe's spiffy new Athlons. I've worked around the problem with an upgrade to 98SE, and then doing the following:

Dr. Watson reported the Hardcoded debugging error in module zdvd.dll when the player software is started up. This is a non-fatal error just like you experienced

I've sucessfully worked around this error at this point by replacing the zdvd.dll file in the C program files/MatroxDVD with the zdvd.dll file that comes packaged with MGI's softdvd Max software...and it works! No illegal operations when loading.

I'm not completely satisfied that this is a 100% fix, but it did stop the illegal operations when loading BOTH software packages.

Check this thread of mine over on Matrox's forum:
                    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000748.html

E-mail me if you need that .DLL from the MGI software, and I'd appreciate it if you'd point me to the CCAD.dll you found.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 16 August 2000).]
                    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Hi Bixler,
                      Here is the link: http://ftp.univ-lille1.fr/pub/diamon...he_Default.htm
                      You can find the modified dll+instructions on the bottom of the page. It's <20k each...
                      Thanx for reply, I'll try your method this afternoon. It seems promising at first sight...
                      I think I have that MGI dll, if not I'll drop you a mail. Thanx again.
                      BTW: Yesterday I bought an FKP32. It looks very impressing. I'll give it a go this afternoon.

Comment

Somehow while stabbing around through all of this it became apparent that the sequence of events is real important. I first encountered this CCAD error AFTER my upgrade (the first install after the upgrade was flawless and smooth), but while attempting to fix another bug unrelated to the Module install.

Check this thread here:
                        http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002273.html

Messing with several different versions of CDVSD.VXD in windows/system/iosubsys first caused the CCAD error to pop up, and after that, NOTHING I could do would prevent the CCAD error during installation of the Module software, although different configurations and install sequences behaved a little differently AFTER the installs.

I'm only recommending that you work with it a little if at first you don't succeed, but what I THINK worked was the following.

First find and copy the ZDVD.DLL file from your MGI Softdvd player to a safe directory.

1. Full uninstall of ALL DVD software players and aggressive registry search and destroy on all things Zoran/SoftDVD/MGI/ as well as a full uninstall of the Matrox drivers.

2. Reinstall Matrox Drivers--Reboot

3. Reinstall OEM DVD Navigator...put up with CCAD install errors...finish final configuration and then...

4. BEFORE a reboot, copy the newer, ZDVD.dll into your Matrox/SoftDVD folder, replacing the old one.

5. Then reboot and initialize the OEM navigator for the first time with the new .DLL

6. Continue on your happy way.

Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Bixler: I didn't have time to reinstall drivers yesterday, and partial(DVD only) uninstall didn't help. So next time I can try your method is friday evening. Anyway, thanx for reply...
                          Other: I put that FKP32 on my CPU. Wow. It's loud, but it does its job very well. Now my sys is running on 8*109MHz on 1.6V... CPU temp is 45-50C with case "closed", I think it's much better...
                          OFFTOPIC()
                          {
                          What I found interesting is that it works this way on 863MHz, but it doesn't even POST at 8.5x100.
                          Anybody any idea?
                          }

Comment

Working...
                          X