Question on Software DVD player at Matrox Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Software DVD player at Matrox Store

The software DVD player for the G200s cost $10, and I'm guessing it is Cinemaster based. Is it worth it for my Marvel G200? Will it really give me some performance gain since I only have a G200? Right now I'm using the DVD player included with Windows (look in the cab files for dvdplay.exe). I tried PowerDVD, but it didn't have a rewind, and didn't perform any better then the Windows player.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

If you want, give me your E-Mail and I send the Matrox DVD Player on that of the CD for the G400 to you . MfG)Charly(

------------------
    PIII650@930
    ABIT BF6
    Promise Fasttrack 66 with 3 Maxtor HDD 20.4 GB
    Matrox G400 Max
    256 MB RAM
    PIII650@930
    ABIT BF6
    Promise Fasttrack 66 with 3 Maxtor HDD 20.4 GB
    Matrox G400 Max
    256 MB RAM

Comment

I doubt you'd see much difference at all. But for 10$...what the hell.

------------------
      #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
      people do all day!"

Comment

The DVD software they sell for the G200 is NOT cinemaster based. It is Zoran, and it generally sucks large rocks. You may as well use the $10 bill for toilet paper

The ONLY reason to use the Zoran software is if you have the Zoran DVD add-on card for your G200...and if that is the case, it's a different version than the one they are selling (software decoding vs. hardware w/ the DVD module).
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Don't waste your money unless you have a hardware based module...in which case...the software you need is contained in the CD that you recieved with the hardware.

Which means you don't need to spend the money.

Get it?

e-mail in my profile...but necessary only if you own a hardware module for the G200.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 17 August 2000).]
          Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
          CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
          Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
          X