Matrox Tweak Utility 2.0.6 and V-sync in Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Tweak Utility 2.0.6 and V-sync in Win2k

It suposedly supports win2k, it has the setting "Force V-sync Off" but after doing that and rebooting, it doesn´t do nothing. V-sync is still on in D3D by default.

Is this happening to you to?

I have different tools used however none of it could switch Vsync off under Win2k switch . But to which there is Win ME

cya )Charly(

------------------
    PIII650@930
    ABIT BF6
    Promise Fasttrack 66 with 3 Maxtor HDD 20.4 GB
    Matrox G400 Max
    256 MB RAM
    PIII650@930
    ABIT BF6
    Matrox G400 Max
    256 MB RAM

Comment

Believe me, once you experience win2k, there´s no way going back

Comment

Believe me, I formated my win2k system and installed ME and I am happy as a pig in $hit!!! Much more stable than win2k on my system and compatible with all drivers out there.

Comment

HI,
          you are right Zwisch.
          Rear one, I has windows 2000 already used however 1. is the drivers for win2k Shit, because of the peformance however cleanliness does not leave to be desired. With Win ME I can use the drivers of win 98 and crashes know I since winme no more, even win2k had heavy hangers, additionally have I with winme first real surround support, for my sounblaster Live

cya
          )Charly(

------------------
          PIII650@930
          ABIT BF6
          Matrox G400 Max
          256 MB RAM
          PIII650@930
          ABIT BF6
          Matrox G400 Max
          256 MB RAM

Comment

Ok, ok some people will always report win2k doesn´t work that good in their systems. Don´t know, maybe an unhappy hardware/drivers/configuration.

I didn´t try winMe. I don´t want to. It´s only win98 TE. Win9x sucks for everything except raw performance in 3dgames (some).

I can´t remember the last time I had an hard system lock with win2k. Crashes do happen, but much less than with win98 and for the most part the kernel deals preety good with them. "xxxxx.exe has generated errors and will be shut down" - Ok, so be it.

All the OS feels much much more polished than win98. I´m still dual booting (mainly for trouble shooting and because I can afford the disk space) and win98 feels MUCH slower. You click in something and it pops up twice as fast in win2k. You right click "open in a new window" in IE5.x and it does it right away.

IE 5.0 or 5.5 crash 10x less than in win98 and NEVER have taken the whole system with it.

Ok, some may think different, others may have bad experiences with win2k, but I can live with a couple fps less (the gap betwen 98 and 2k drivers is narrowing at each win2k driver release) for all the above.

Peace

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 16 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X