G800 Price???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800 Price???

Well, now there are lots of rumors about the card. The latest is, that the card will use FCRAM. The DDR FCRAM costs 50% more, than the normal DDR RAM. I think, that this card -if the parameters are true-, will be much expensive, than the GeForce2, that's for sure.

[This message has been edited by Atilla (edited 09 August 2000).]

That's not saying much, now is it?

We don't know when the G800 will be released.

We don't know what it costs to manufacture, or what it costs to build these assumed components.

Ergo, we don't know how much the G800 will be sold for, nor how much the price of a GeForce will have dropped by then.

I'm sorry, what were you saying was "for sure", troll?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Matrox store only

My Guess

Comment

there hasn't even been any press release on this card and it may never exist, so why this question? Furthermore, value of the cards change every couple of months so this value would be useless.

Comment

Well for a start the card is listed within the driver files, so I would say that pretty much proves its existence (unless Matrox are just having a laugh). Anyway, what's wrong with guessing the price? It only a bit of fun after all!

[This message has been edited by Damien Green (edited 11 August 2000).]
          What do you want a signature for?

Comment

239 for the low end, 399 for the monster(usd)
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

if this is all it take to give you pleasure, then have a blast

Comment

One dollar US. Two for $1.50. And a mere $700.00 for the "Render Subjects Nude" daughter card.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

The G400 max cost at the start in Germany 330 $, I thinks with the G800 it not different will be, who was to be able to pay otherwise. 300$ are for me absolute pain threshold for Grfxcard.

cya
                  )Charly(

------------------
                  PIII650@930
                  ABIT BF6
                  Promise Fasttrack 66 with 3 Maxtor HDD 20.4 GB
                  Matrox G400 Max
                  256 MB RAM
                  PIII650@930
                  ABIT BF6
                  Promise Fasttrack 66 with 3 Maxtor HDD 20.4 GB
                  Matrox G400 Max
                  256 MB RAM

Comment

well you gottaremember 3 things #1 Matrox makes thier own cards and reapthe complete profits as well as the complete costs in the end this means the cost cantheoretically be cheaper because they are not forkin over bucks for the technology from a third party company like NVidia #2 matrox will asses the values and features of their card and will priceit competitively with the other comperable cards onthe market and finally #3 they havea team of people who actually research what people are willing to pay. In the end my guess is 300-350 for the lower end and 400- hopefully not more for the "FUSION"
                    thats my guess
                    -Chris k.
                    -Chris K.

Comment

The G450s will replace the G400s and be similar in pricing. They will be aimed at the same market. The G800s will focus on the professional workstation market to compete with the likes of nVidia's (oops! I said the "n" word!) Quadro series cards. They will be at least double the price, IMO.

------------------
                      "Whoa..."
                      Keanu Reeves.
                      "Whoa..."
                      Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Matrox isn't a budget brand, expect high prices even if all things are equal otherwise. I expect GF2 performance at GF2 Ultra pricing of today by the time it actually shows up in 2001 some time.

Comment

Working...
                        X