Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to turn off Sideband Addressing on Marvel G200-TV AGP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn off Sideband Addressing on Marvel G200-TV AGP?

Anybody knows how to switch off the sideband addressing on this card? Powerstrip with the modified command line link in the startup folder locks my keyboard and mouse. Thanks in Advance.

Why, oh why, would you want to disable SBA?

Rags

Comment

So, I can overclock my PIII 550 flip chip pass 124 Mhz. What Else!?

Comment

You will gain nothing by disabling SBA on your G400. Your better bet is to force 1X operation or similar. My G400 goes up to 140 FSB fine in 1X mode, and with the IO voltage on my motherboard set to 3.6.

Rags

Comment

Thanks Rags. My card is G200. G400 cards are known to overclock better. At 124 mhz, my AGP card is at 1x already, but I can not go 133 or more. Does I/O voltage chane works better than core voltage change in this case?

Comment

Actually my G200 was a better in an overclocked AGP port than my G400 is. I can run my old G200 up to 150 FSB. IO voltage is the voltage that is applied to the AGP port. Bumping it up can help.

Rags

Comment

Another words, you are saying my problem could be from another source like RAM or mainbaord. I have an all SCSI system with 2940uw card, Enhanced PC133 SDRAM and BF6 board. What IO voltage you used in your G200 card?

Comment

Your processor may not be up to the task, too. I would think the rest of your system would be up to the task. I have a BF6 myself, too, and I can actually push it to 160 FSB on my 550E, but only with a PCI vid card installed. Make sure you have 1/4 PCI divider selected in your bios, and you have the AGP selected to 2/3 and normal.

Rags

------------------
                Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Working...
                X