Millennium G200 wouldn't install on W2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium G200 wouldn't install on W2k

I have a G200 for almost two years and it works like a charm!
    Lately i moved to W2k professional and the G200 wouldn't install properly. i'm using the w2k_503 drivers and i have SP1. each time i'm trying to run the installation it tells me it found only a Marvel card. But i have a millennium! :-(
    What do i need to do to solve this issue?

Strange,
    I've got the Millennium G200 working on W2K.

What happens if you let the setup install it as a marvel?

You could also try:
    Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adapter -> Properties -> Driver -> Update Driver... -> Next -> choose Display a list... & Next -> Have Disk -> go to the directory where the files are unpacked -> choose Show all hardware...
    and then select the G200

Windows could warn you that the hardware is incompatible, but if you're certain that it's a G200 and that the guy at the hardware store didn't give you a marvel for the same money you should press ok.

Don't blame me if you get a BSOD after restart

Good luck

------------------
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox G200, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 400, Asus P2B 1013, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40 40GB, 128Mb, SBLive Full,
    Hauppauge TV-card, HP8100i burner, Pioneer 10x DVD.

Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

You should just use the win2k Built in drivers... forget about the 5.03 for now.

Comment

Zwisch : wat's wrong with the 5.03 drivers ??I'm using'em now and they r okay ..
        the built in MS drivers didn't assign an IRQ for the card .. also OGL didn't work
        what i want to know is if the new 5.10 and 5.11 have G200 drivers in them ??
        if not .. then MATROX should release a new driver NOW ! still missing the monitor settings in 5.03 .. and not really good preformance in 3D.
        GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

5.03 have all sorts of problems and will not work on all systems, so often the built in drivers will work way better... but you are right, new win2k G200 drivers are indeed needed

Comment

Working...
          X