Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium 2 uses no IRQ in Win2k ??

Hi:

I use a Millennium 2 with Win2k. I use the drivers that are included by Microsoft. When I look at the system resources I notice that the video card doesn't use an interrupt. Doesn't mean that I'm not using busmastering which means that my card isn't at full performance? Does anyone know how I can get the use of an IRQ?

Thanks

In your motherboard's BIOS, look for the "Assign IRQ to VGA" option, and enable it.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have been setting "assign interrupt to vga" in the bios right from the start? Is anyone able to get an interrupt with their Mill II cards?

Thanks

Comment

W2k prefers not have an interrupt assigned, however from what I have read full AGP support does require one. So unless you have an AGP Mill II with an AGP capable driver, I wouldn't worry about it.

Paul

Comment

I noticed when onboard stuph like soundcards icw some videocards and acpi-controllers will make the videocard say NA in the 'PCI Device Listing' sometimes.

------------------

Comment

Hank Kimble : hi
            this is a driver thing coz ur using the built in win2k drivers.
            i have a G200 and same thing happened to me when i installed win2k .. it was using the built in MS drivers which didn't assign and IRQ for the card ..
            but when i installed the 5.03 drivers it assigned it an irq like in win98.
            GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Since everything seems to be working fine, I just live with it.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Hank

Comment

Go to the bios. Find the "Assign IRQ for VGA" And make it enabled

[This message has been edited by Haki (edited 11 August 2000).]

Comment

Too late Haki - I think we've already had that one.

[This message has been edited by Damien Green (edited 11 August 2000).]
                  What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Working...
                  X