Premiere 5.1c source window and next frame problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 5.1c source window and next frame problem

I have a Marvel G400 and am using the PC-VCR remote to capture. It does a great job, but when I try to edit in Premiere with the source widow (to make a subclip) it will play fine, but if I try to use the shuttle or frame advance I lose video on the monitor and TV output. I have tried the prem.ini ( no directshow=0 and the codec one from the Matrox CD ) and still no go. if I put my monitor to 24 bit I can see the frame advance (looks bad), but I lose the TV once again. I think that it is because I am capturing with the MJPEG codec at max quality and it uses 24 bit to compress it. It seems to me that if they are using 24 bit to compress it, they would use 24 bit for the output too, or atleast make it compatible. It just kills me because I am so close to having this thing scream. I read somewhere about making mini clips, by recompressing to another codec and then editing and then changing all of the source footage to the original capture footage. This sounds like a big pain, not to mention the disc space. All I want to do is be able to mark the correct in and out points to insert into the timeline or create a subclip. Am I missing something here?

------------------
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Hi,

Your Prem50.ini file should read:

[Override]
    NoDirectShow=1

[codec]
    keepopen=dmb1

You have to work in either 16 or 32 bit for output to TV i think.

Scouser

Comment

I am sorry you are right, that is what I had in the .ini. It has been a long day and it was almost 0200 over here in GE. About the 16or 32 bit, it won't frame advance or jog in the source window. Actually it will, but not to where i can view each frame. thanks anyway.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
      X