Macrovision and other Driver Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision and other Driver Questions

I just pulled my S3 Viper II, and put in a G400 Dual Head 32MB card. I am really impressed with the tv out on it. I know there is some way to get around macrovision, but what driver do you need to have (and where can I get it) and what else do you have to do to get around macrovision? Also, I play games, so I was wondering if the latest beta drivers are best for games?

Thanks for your time.

You're going to have to search the forums for the exact method but macrovision can be disabled by starting the DVD (I presume), pausing it and then doing something in Control panel (exactly what I forget, that's what you need to check).

When you go back to the DVD player, the macrovision is gone.

This has been 'fixed' in the latest beta I believe.

Uberlad

------------------
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Start playing the movie, press "Pause" on the DVD player,
      Go into display properties -->Settings -->Advanced -->Dualhead -->play with the clone/dvd-max (forgot where it is) refresh rate option, press cancel all the way back.
      Resume playing the movie and hit "Record" on your VCR.

Superb picture quality is yours...

------------------
      Cloudy
      Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
      2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
      Cloudy
      Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
      2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

So does that work for the latest beta drivers? Also, I know another method was fixed in a recent driver release where you test a pattern on the monitor, and then cancel back to the movie. What was the last driver release that this worked for?

Thanks

Comment

Ruff:

The method described above will work only on the 5.x series of drivers, and the first 6.x beta. Later versions will not have this "feature" . Some idiot spilled this trick all over the official T.S. forums, so they couldn't leave this bug in in future releases.
          Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
          CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
          Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
          X