This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG G400 Problems

I just got a g400, switched from a Viper II. When the G400 is in my machine I noticed 2 very strange things during startup:

My P2 350 is OVERCLOCKED?!? to 361

& there is a message that flashes that says, SPD not found at DIMM's 1 2 3

There are only two dimms in the machine a 96 in slot 1 and a 32 in slot 2. The motherboard and g400 are both at the latest bios. My motherboard is a biostar m6tba, and it is based on 440bx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wonder where you got that 96 MB DIMM????
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

I doubt any of these have anything to do with your G400. A video card does not affect your processor speed or RAM. General Hardware issues (IE: not related to a Matrox product) go into the General Hardware forum. That is where you will find this thread now...

361MHz is a FSB of 103MHz. Somewhere along the line you probably set jumpers to run at 103, or selected a "Turbo" mode, if you have CPU clocking options in your BIOS. It is impossible for a video card to change your FSB this way.

And for the RAM....do these sticks have SPD? Probably not, and this why POST is reporting that. It's probably always been this way, and just went un-noticed until now. Nothing to worry about AFAIK...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X