Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DirectX 7, Marvel G-200, What Drivers To Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX 7, Marvel G-200, What Drivers To Use?

Hi,

I have a Marvel G-200 and I am using the Powerdesk 4.26 driver and Video Tools 1.21. I recently had to upgrade to DirectX 7 for a new game I installed.

Now, every time I boot up, the Matrox Diagnostic utility complains about my DirectX version being "not current." Of course, I'm sure the problem is that the driver just doesn't recognize DirectX 7. Everything else seems to work fine, otherwise.

I though about upgrading to the newer driver and video tools, but I saw a warning in the Matrox documentation that said the newer stuff couldn't be used with the Zoran SoftDVD player, which is what I am using to play DVDs. So, now I am reluctant to upgrade drivers/video tools...

What are other people using out there? What works and what doesn't?

Thanks!

Rick
    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Hi,
    I'm using 5.3 & 1.5 with my Marvel G200
    and DX7 and it has always given me the same message (which I ignored).
    P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
    MSI 645 Ultra
    256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
    Matrox Marvel G200
    etc...
    ect....

Comment

Hi Rick,

you can disable the diag from your start up. It's the diag report that's the problem.

Haig

Comment

look at those post times.
        Captain Marvel blows the smoke from the end of his revolver and re-holsters as Haig(Lousy-Leaf-Fan) lays belly up.
        Yeahhh BAByy!!!

[This message has been edited by Captain Marvel (edited 18 January 2000).]
        P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
        MSI 645 Ultra
        256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
        Matrox Marvel G200
        etc...
        ect....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just stick with the current drivers and disable the DirectX test from the Diagnostic utility.

Haig, am I correct in my interpretation of what I read on the Matrox site about the newer drivers/video tools being incompatible with Zoran SoftDVD?

Rick
          http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Working...
          X