dual monitors with win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual monitors with win2k

So far as I understand this, I cannot have full dualhead a la win98 with win2k...even after the latest service pack....is it also the case that for the near foreseeable future that this will not be implemented in win2k? I bought the G400MAX 5 months ago wanting to use dualhead, but cannot bear the thought that i will have to load win98 to get this feature running...so, can I put another video card in this machine to still get a bastardized version of dualhead, or will I have the same issues that are present now..i.e. resolution spread across two screens etc. Also, any advice on what a good secondary card should be...would it work best if I got another G400 to throw in there?

Cheers

sookaa

------------------
    woof woof
    woof woof

There are no signs Microsoft is going to implement complete dualhead support in Win2000. The best card to add to your system, IMHO, is a G200 PCI. They are rather pricey, however. For this purpose, I just bought a Millenium 4 MB card for $40 or so. I feel this is adequate for a secondary display. I don't use it that often. My second choice was a Millenium II, but that was $70 or so and I didn't think the difference was worth it for a secondary monitor I wasn't going to use often.

Comment

Would an old Mystique 220 PCI work alongside a G400 DH as a two monitor solution or is there something specific about the G400/Millenium combo ?

Martin
      Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Comment

will this then give me full 'dualhead' support, independant monitors/resolutions.....

--edit--also, can i use a agp and a pci card to get both monitors running? my local vendor says they have to be both pci for this to work..--/edit--
        sookaa

[This message has been edited by sookaa (edited 01 August 2000).]
        woof woof

Comment

I don't know why any PCI card won't work. I would tend to keep the two cards as similar as possible for driver compatibility concerns. May not be a problem.

Comment

nest question then....will win2k automagically detect that i have two vid cards in it and allow me to setup the properties for each, or is there behind the scenes editing that i need to do to get it to run ok (i.e. regedit ...)

I am planning on putting an older g200 in there, so hopefully same suite of software controls.

sookaa
            woof woof

Comment

I think this site has the info your looking for.

C=64

Comment

Working...
              X