Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400Max - Busmaster kills programs - insight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max - Busmaster kills programs - insight?

Hi:

I'm running a G400Max with the lastest drivers for Win2k. When I try to run programs like the visual FX program "Hollywood FX" or the compositing program "Shake" the screen is all screwed up and doesn't refresh correctly. The only cure is to turn busmastering off. Of course this results in poor performance. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hank

How about some information about your hardware?. Driver versions? IRQ listing?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of info:

I'm running an ABIT BP6 - dual Celeron 466 (no O/C'ing) with 256 megs ram. The IRQ is 10 and the display drivers are version 6.11 (the latest) and the video bios is 1.6-25 ( the latest ). These programs worked on NT4. This is the first time that I'm running them on Win2k.

I had this problem a few years ago with a Matrox Millenium II card. When I had busmastering on I would get a scrambled screen whenever I ran IE 4 (the latest at that time). Matrox eventually came out with a fix.

Any help would be appreciated,

Hank

Comment

Working...
      X