Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be in the wrong forum.

Just sent the following to tkbrewer@boomgames.com

Don't know if you are the right person for this...

But if not maybe you can forward this to whomever this needs to go too.

This is in reference to the video card poll that you have on your homepage at boomgames.com I don't understand how you can possibally call that a fair poll if you are going to leave some cards out of it. You will include a card that is late and will probably go nowhere, the Kyro, but not include a card that will probably be the most featured pack and best on the market when it is released, the G800. I would like to hear from you on this so that I may understand.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Here is the response I received:

"Well I agree the G800 is nice, but Matrox is not marketing it for the hardcore gamer. I've played with the Kyro card, and honestly I am simply amazed. The core right now is clocked at 110 mhz on a .25micron die. It keeps up with a GeForce 2 GTS, and any other card you put it against. It may not blow it out of the water, but comparing the price to performance ratio you really can't beat it. Look into the tile based rendering, it really is quite an amazing technology. Get this, the Kyro has a true fillrate of about 230 megatexel/s, compare that to the GeForce 2's 1.6 gigatexel fillrate.....I'll see if I can get the G800 added to the poll, and I'll see if I can explain the way tile based rendering works as well tomorrow.

Thanks,

Nick "tkbrewer" Goodman"

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Well I got even another response.

"Hey it is me again, except from work now. My bad on the G800, I was thinking the G450. Anyways to continue on, I haven't seen anything in press releases or what not recently to get me excited over the G800. Don't get me wrong, Matrox makes some very nice stuff, but all those cards except the Kyro are pretty much readily available at this point too. The Kyro should be out pretty darn soon now."

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Interesting...
        What the f**k is a Kyro?
        I'm buying it,will it cool my cpu?

Comment

You can find out more about it here:

www.extremehw.com/previews/kyro64/index.html

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Working...
          X