Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig, et al... a polite request!

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any possibility of getting some kind of "semi-official" response on the status of various Win2k bugs.

For example, Matrox was seemingly aware of the SMP issue, but they failed to fix it last time out. It would be nice if we could get a quick list of issues they are aware of and committed to fixing. Perhaps they could pull this list from dZeus's page, as he got a committment from them to visit there often.

It's a pain, I know - but not much to ask. I'm happy so long as I can rest assured that a given issue is being worked on...

So please?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Gurm,

Beta Testers have always been able to comment on whether a certain bug has been fixed in beta drivers, AFAIK.

BTW, how do you like your SS7 and Athlon board?

Rags

------------------
    Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

One wonders where Jason hides these days

Matt, it wasn't an SS7 and Athlon, but a K3-600 on an SS7 board
      He just OC'ed it to Athlon standards...

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Gurm,

no it's not too much to ask but realize you are talking to tech supp, not SQA, driver developement team, PR, etc.

Best that tech supp can do and has been doing for our clients are:

- include outstanding major bugs in the release notes.

- acknowledge that a bug is seen and reproduced in tech supp and passed onto the sqa team.

- If tech supp reproduces a bug that has become an "epidemic" on MURC and our forums, then yes, tech supp will push as much as we can to get it fixed for the next release.

- All items in our driver feature request forum gets compiled daily and sent to the proper channels.

Commitments will certainly not come out of tech supp since we don't have full control of the final outcome and fixes in one build may break on the final build.

Haig

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, driver release 5.11 didn't fix any of the bugs I knew about. It did, however, add a couple fps to Quake 3. Oh, well.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X