Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can find a way of using both MARVEL and MILLENNIUM Matrox cards

Hi guys,

I'm begining to be disappointed with my idea of getting my two matrox cards working together at the same time.

Some history:
    At the begining I had my old and nice Millennium matrox card installed on my previous computer (a TX430 chipset motherboard with a 233 MMX Intel CPU)and every thing was fine.
    But, later a had to buy a new system, with a higher CPU, a better video card, more memory, a newer motherboard, and so on...
    So, now I have a K7V motherboard with a Athlon 700 cpu, a new Matrox Marvel card, an old Millennium Matrox card, 192 MB do PC100 RAM, and all the necessary things one need to have a good system working.

The problem now is:
    I would like to get both these two cards working on my system and it seems I can find the way to.
    I put the Marvel card (mounted on the AGP slot) can work in DualHead multi-display but in the end it can see the other display that is connected to the millenium card (mounted on PCI slot with the switch2=ON).

I have one display connected to the Marvel card by the normal 15-pin video connector and the second display connected to the other card by an equal video connector. The Marvel box is not connected to anything but to the Marvel card by the hard black cable it self.

The Device Manager doesn't show any installation problem what so ever.

My question:
    How can make this two cards working togheter, if it's real possible to do it.

My OS is the Windows 98SE.

By the way:
    I still want to use all the features ofered by the Matrox Marvel Box.

...and may the force be with you.

António Rosa

------------------
    AR
    AR

Hi António,

1st make sure to determine the proper VGA Boot Sequence in your MoBo's BIOS.
    Usually it's defaulted to 'PCI/AGP' or 'PCI first' .. set to 'AGP/PCI' or 'AGP first' to use your Marvel as primary display and hence enable all its features.
    Then ensure that you use all latest gfx BIOSes available for your cards and use the latest Powerdesk.
    The actual set of drivers support up to 17 displays when using Matrox cards ...

Besides that I guess you are talking about the Marvel G400, right ?

Anyway, it would help if you posted as many system details as you can (BIOS revisions, driver versions, list of IRQs, DirectX version etc.) ...

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
    X