Forget Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Matrox

You are SOOOOOOOO gonna get flamed, it won't even be funny! Not by me though....

You know, there really isn't a card that is the best in everything. There's nothing like that. Cars, people, computers... in each category, there is no "BEST, Number One" etc. It all depends on Opinion. So the Geforce has faster framerate... Matrox has good picture quality... blah blah blah. You take Geforce, I'll take G400.
    McRhea

No McRhea he's not worth it. The best place for him now is www.rivazone.com

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

look at my signature.... obviously you're on the wrong site, since there are no fellow nVidiots to boost your ego... go and play somewhere else

------------------
      - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 22 July 2000).]

Comment

He SOOOO deserves to be flamed aswell, these forums have nothing to do with GeForces other than Matrox make graphics cards and the GeForce is a graphics card beyond that nothing, I could go through heaps of things like Matrox being a better quality company, Matrox Users being more polite, intelligent and open minded than any Nvidia user, the whole thing about you comparing a 2(?) year old card to a 8 month year old card(more than a year in the computer hardware business is HEAPS) and you don't even have reasons why the GeForce is better, at least none that you have shared with us other than you (or maybe someone else) hasn't screwed the BIOS on it.
        P3 500 @ 600
        256MB PC133 RAM
        64MB PC100 RAM
        Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
        Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
        WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
        G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
        Monster Sound MX400
        512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
        Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
        ASUS P3B-F
        Logitech X1 Speakers
        Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
        Logitech Internet Keyboard
        19.1G IBM 60GXP
        8.4G Seagate
        1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Yes, we like nVidiots, we like them medium rare......

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Torch the "Poor Student" (see his other post...)

Vic

Comment

stop harrassing the poor dude, he is just sharing his happiness with his new 3d card, i would if i bought a geforce 256 (unfortunately me on low budget )

and yes, even though matrox rapes all the other 3d cards in video quality, he is correct when he sais matrox is crap in terms of opengl and speed!!!

------------------
              P5A-B AMD K6-300
              Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP
              Creative SB Awe32 (a classic, superb card)
              Realtek 8029A NIC Card
              64meg Ram
              Ali V agp chipset
              <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
              VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
              Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
              128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
              Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
              Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
              Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
              Realtek 8029A NIC Card
              Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
              Actima 36X CD-Rom
              Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
              Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
              Windows 2000 (primary)
              Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

nehalmistry sorry this couldn't be passed up...
                in your post you state, and I quote
                he (RobertoI) is correct when he sais matrox is crap in terms of opengl and speed!!!
                Now you also have this in your Signature:
                P5A-B AMD K6-300
                Realtek 8029A NIC Card
                64meg Ram
                Ali V agp chipset
                Now I'm sorry but mentioning a K6-2 and Speed in the same sentence is a Joke, especially with 64Mb of RAM... I know we all have our budgets and all, but C'mon... the K6-2 has a very weak FPU....

My P2-333 @434 did fine with the G200.. Ran great when the GL drivers came out, finally... Everything has a learning curve, besides I only use it for screen savers and the Quake series...
                Now I have a P3-700e @933 (pushed my budget alittle hard) and My G200 is still Fine.. I'd like faster but hey it's getting old.. runs UT good enough for me to get upto #386 Quaterly on the ngStats... Frame rate aint everything ;o)

Craig

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 22 July 2000).]
                1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

stingy, what im saying is its crap compared to other 3d cards, for eg, a nvidia TNT card would run better than a g200 on my system, hey, the g200 is playable but i wouldnt say its the best!

you really can't say that matroxs' cards are the fastest on the market, or anything close.

why do i bother saying anything, there's gonna be some person disagreeing with me.

------------------
                  P5A-B AMD K6-300
                  Realtek 8029A NIC Card
                  64meg Ram
                  Ali V agp chipset
                  <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
                  VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
                  Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
                  128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
                  Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
                  Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
                  Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
                  Realtek 8029A NIC Card
                  Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
                  Actima 36X CD-Rom
                  Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
                  Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
                  Windows 2000 (primary)
                  Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

nehalmistry
                    why do i bother saying anything, there's gonna be some person disagreeing with me
                    I wasn't entirely disagreeing with you.. I was merely pointing out your frame of referance, ie your system, isn't exactly a model of speed...
                    and I could go on about the pro's of a Matrox vs. a TNT but I figure you've already heard them and it's a mute point anyways.. the G400 and now GF2's are out...

Enjoy
                    Craig
                    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Oh God, it's the Mine is bigger than yours contest again? And how the heck can we sit by and have RobertoI(diot) compare a G200 with a Geforce 256 DDR? Someone else wants to do the honors?

Hmmm, like comparing a 1920's late model T-Ford with a 1996 Ferrari.

I'm not wasting more words on such an Idiot.

Jord.
                      When I chose to go out
                      I always leave the light on
                      when I have to stay in,
                      you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
                      now that I'm living on my own,
                      and while they've never been more right,
                      can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

I wish I could flame these two, but come on, they're just too pathetic.

<font size=5>Of COURSE</font> your GeFarce is "better" than your dearly departed G200, Roberto!

I mean, my gawd, you're talking about a card some 2 generations back!

Personally, I had no problems with my G200 once the ICD was fixed, and I'm still p.o.'d that I lost it (used it in a friend's machine in an emergency and then couldn't reclaim it ).

And as for you, nehalmistry, in case you hadn't noticed, this is a dedicated site, and we've all been quite clear that "sharing your happiness" with a non-Matrox card is not going to sit well with us.

And by the way, try upgrading your *cough*lovely*cough* CPU and mobo, or get yourself the TNT you're so fond of.

"It's playable but I wouldn't say it's the best..."

Yeah, that's why there's a G400 and a MAX and a G450 and "G800" pending.

How pointless is this "discussion"?

I might as well just say....<font size=6>cheese</font>....... it would be more interesting....

You know I'm right .

-------------------------------
                        Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 22 July 2000).]

Comment

Screw nVidia

Paul
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

All I can really say is you two deserve the roasting you're getting. I recently got a GeForce2 myself, and I admit it's a much faster card than my G400Max- but I think I've said it before- it's comparing Apples to Oranges. After all, they're two separate markets, and especially, two separate generations of cards. If nVidia's MUCH newer cards weren't faster all-around, I'd have to boo them. On the other hand, when Matrox gets it's latest generation of cards out, I'm sure it will be more than competitive, and have a much longer life in our systems than the (then) current nVidia cards. I mean, my Max lasted over a year. I haven't yet had an nVidia card that went that long, and I seriously doubt that this GTS will do any better (take a look at the current competition for it, and think a bit- Matrox's newest performers are always a little better than whatever's out when they hit the market, speed-wise, and a lot better feature-wise. The G800 most likely won't be any exception).

Besides, it's one thing to come into a MATROX User's site and objectively compare a non-Matrox and a Matrox card, and another thing entirely to basically try to fry the Matrox card. If you want to do that, there are mopre appropriate places, like on the nVidia newsgroups. I'm sure they'd ALL love to hear what you have to say about how your G200 sucked. On the other hand, I'd be surprised if someone there doesn't point out the relative (time-wise) differences between the cards to you, too.

------------------
                            Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600
                            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I found it easier not to bring yourself down to the level of an idiot because they will always beat you ar their own game

------------------
                              I am one reboot away from prefection

Sys stats:
                              Athlon 800mhz
                              Epox EP-7KXA
                              256MB PC-133 ram
                              Matrox G400 32mb SGRAM SoundBlaster Live MP3+
                              PC-DVD Encore 6x/Dxr3 card
                              33.6 modem (Woohoo ) 28.0 gig Seagate Barrcuda drive 7200rpm baby!!!

www.3dpower.net The coolest place on the net besides this one!!!
                              Staff Member and SuperGeek of the Year at
                              <A HREF="http://www.3dpower.net
                              ski@3dpower.net" TARGET=_blank>www.3dpower.net
                              ski@3dpower.net</A>

Comment

Working...
                              X