Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Probs

I have some Problems, recording movies with my Marvel G400:
    1. My HD-space is spread over several harddisks, so I have to use AVI_IO. It seems to be the only Program that can use severaƶ Partitions automativally.
    2. I have many dropped Frames, and about two times in a minute, AVI_IO reinitializes the videosubsystem, because of five consecutive dropped Frames.
    3. Sometimes after a reinitialization I record only some colored shit. This goes on till the subsystem is reinitialized again.
    4. By reinitialization sometimes whole words disappears.
    5. Using Matrox's PC VCR the audio and video goes rather out of sync.

PLEAS HELP ME!!!!!

Sorry Pete but more info is needed: Mobo, processor, drives and which drive is used for what, OS etc. etc. Otherwise it's all guessing....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

OK - here is something about my system:
      PII/400 on an Asus P2B with 196 MB
      Three Cheetah U2W, each with 9GB :-)
      One Cheetah is reserved ONLY for recording.
      I use Win98 SE and as mentioned AVI_IO. But the Problem persists when I use ReelCap.
      Sound Card is a Sounblaster Live.

Comment

Speed Pete

1-check for any irq problems. if the sbl(or any other card) is in the first pci slot on the mobo then change it to another slot.
        2-close any other program that may be running in the back ground.
        3-disable all screen savers, anti-virus programs, fax/modem software.
        make sure that your swap file is located on the same drive as your video captures. having a swap file on the c: drive, while capturing to the d: drive causes dropped frames.

evil

Comment

Speed Pete,

don't know what i was thinking the oops is all mine! you don't want the swapfile to be on the same drive you're capturing to.

so sorry
          hope i didn't cause you any problems

evil

Comment

I had skipped frame, sound sync probs not using latest drivers/direct X or right system settings. Two dropped frames per minute is not many dropped frames.It is what you call a couple of dropped frames. This could also actually not be a hardware/software problem but the actual input. Static frames when the camcorder starts and stops recording can cause drops (and actually produces better results usually).It has also been reported that scenes with a lot of solid color backround such as a skier can cause mjpeg codec drops. If your at approximately 30 frames a second for a minute and you drop 2 frames out of 1800! you probably won't even be able to detect it, and if they were bad frames better yet.
            P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
            MSI 645 Ultra
            256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
            Matrox Marvel G200
            etc...
            ect....

Comment

Captain Marvel: that's not exactly correct - two times per Minute I got 5 CONSECUTIVE DROPS, so AVI_IO reinitializes.
              But: I fixed it!!!!
              I reinstalled really ALL i could find of moy old Driver (5.50) and ijnstalled an older one (5.25). Now it works!!!!!!
              Only one Problem is left: sometimes I have this funny, very colored pictures. It looks like a scrambled Memory or so.
              Any Ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X