Should I wait for G800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I wait for G800

I think I have been waiting long enough, we don't even have to 450 yet.

The only thing that has kept me with the G400 MAX is the Dual head, now with the Geforce MX twin view available in a couple of weeks I think I shall have to get one !.

It looks like the performance is also better than the MAX
    W.

It's your money. You have to do what you feel is best for you. And if all you care about is the most fps in Quake3 then the Geforce is probably your best bet at this time. And BTW it should be faster, it's a newer card for christ sake.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

If you look here: http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/...mx/rev_005.htm you will see that the MX is only getting 44.4fps at 1024*768*32 in quake3(using a K7 800).

I get 44fps on my G400 on a P3 600 classic.

Now, I know the settings are probably different, but is it really worth the hastle of changing cards for a small or no improvement?

Good luck with whatever you decide, but you have to wonder if its worth it.

Ali

Comment

Don´t wait, make one yourself!

If you buy two G400s and desolder the main chip from one of the boards, and on the other board drill tiny holes from the backside to each of the main chips pins, you could resolder the desoldered chip on the back of that card and voilà - you have a G400x2 = G800.
        It just might work.

rubank

Comment

Working...
        X