X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinNT4 with DualHead

16meg G400 DualHead (OEM)
    WinNT 4 (SP6a)

Just taken delivery of a new Compaq box at work and I can only configure the Dualhead to run the 2 monitors in split desktop mode.

Is it possible to run each monitor individually in a real DH configuration in NT4 or does that only work in Win9x. I'd be happy with them both at the same resolution (they're both 19" Diamondtron)

I heard it was also a problem in Win2k - has this been resolved yet as I might upgrade to Win2k if it has.

Thanks.

BTW - Searched the archives first but couldn't find the answer, thought it might have been brought up before?
    Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Both NT4 and 2k are limited to what you are seeing.
    Micro$haft was going to fix this in SP1 of 2k, but they didn't, and have not said when they will.
    If you want all of the features of DualHead, you need to use 98.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin.

What a total pain in the ass!

I was really looking forward to running 2 19" for my web page development. Oh well looks like I'll have to run 2 PC's instead.

What a pain in the ass (have I mentioned that bit)

------------------

Comment

You can get great dual-head with a second PCI video card, like a Millenium II or G200.

Comment

I just hope that MS will include the Dualhead enabling code in a service pack, because I fear they might not put in in Win2k ever, but make us pay for a copy of the next, Win2k-bug-fixed 'new OS', called Whistler

I can already hear the MS advertisements: "MS Whistler, completely new, now with Dualhead functionality"

Comment

I had installed win2000 SP1 RC1 and nothing new .. Dualhead still not works ..

Comment

How much you wanna bet that ME will have it.

Ciao

Comment

n'ah, I doubt that we will ever see this fix in win2k... better wait for the next os.

Comment

Brian R., that is not true for NT, just for win2k

Comment

What happens with the 2nd output of the G400DH if you use a 2nd graphics card (PCI) ?. Is it still possible to use it for TV-Out ?

Comment

Is it possible to run 2 gxf cards (AGP and PCI) in NT4 ?

Technet seems to imply that it's not supported, although I haven't checked through all the service pak release notes to see if it's been implemented now.

Comment

Oops, disregard last post about 2 cards in NT. I've noticed the other post on the group now, erm.. sorry.

Comment

Working...
                        X