Anisotropic Filtering in OpenGL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anisotropic Filtering in OpenGL?

I've got the registry setting in place for anisotropic filtering in D3D, but I want it in OpenGL too. Is there some way to set this universally? If that isn't possible, is there a way to set it in Quake 3 and Half-Life?

Sorry if this will disapoint you, but G400 doesn´t support anisotropic filtering.... So what´s the point?

Comment

Official Response Coming Up:
      In order to properly support this feature, Anisotropic Filtering needs to have both the Min(imising) and the Mag(nifying) filters enabled. The G400 only supports one of the filters.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 22 July 2000).]

Comment

The G400 doesn't support anisotropic filtering? Thats odd, because theres a registry hack for it. After enabling it, mipmapping artifacts dissapeared in UT. I guess its just doing one of those filters? So how can I enable this for OpenGL?

Comment

SteveC's right though. I guess UT only needs one type of support to use it, while most OpenGL games (Quake3 especially, given Carmack's penchant for using lots of nifty features) DO require both. And it seems to be an all-or-none proposition, too.

------------------
          Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yeah, sorry, the one it does suppport is the minifying one.

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
            X