A Opengl32.dll is in My Documents....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Opengl32.dll is in My Documents....

Do you by chance have any game executables in your My Documents folder? When the TGL manager is run it will look for certain executeables and will install the TGL driver if it finds one. If you are not running any games from your My Documents folder then it should be safe to delete it.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Can't hurt to keep it there as a backup.

BTW how many FPS does your My Documents folder get with opengl......

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yeah, and how often does the folder crash when you open it, and do you get the exit to desktop problem?

Comment

A Opengl32.dll is in My Documents....

A Opengl32.dll just appeared in My Documets. I didn't put it there, it just appeared. It is also in my Quake3, and UT system files. It says it's the TurboGL file, but what I want to know is, what the hell is it doing in My Documents?!? What the HELL? I've been playing games all this time, I haven't run any other programs... WTF?

Do you think it's safe to delete? It's 612Kb big... and the files in Q3A and UT are identical to it... so what's the deal? Is it a backup?
        McRhea

Comment

What's the name of that diablo2 exe you saved?

The TGL installer only looks for game exe files with a known name and makes no checks to see whether they are really that game's executable.

I assume you wouldn't rename a diablo2.exe to UnrealTournament.exe or Quake3.exe but maybe you picked the name h2.exe? H2.exe is the name for Hexen2 which TGL supports.

Comment

You didn't know TGL accelerates Word?
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

For the time being you could even rename the .exe to a non-Windows/DOS extension, like Diablo2.911 ... if you need it back later, you just rename the extension to .exe again.

Jord, playing Excel at 194 fps
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

AHHHHHH!! I DO have a game executable in My Documents, but it's for Diablo 2... I'm using a CD-crack so I don't have to put the damn CD in everytime... and I backed the EXE file to My Docs. But still... Diablo 2 doesn't use OpenGL, and the opengl32.dll is NOT in my Diablo 2 system folder.

Hunsow... which folder? My Docs? I've never had My Docs crash on me...

As for exiting to the desktop, I've had 2 games do that to me so far. Soldier of Fortune, and Earth 2150. When it happened, there was no error message or any kind. It was like I just quit the game, expect that I didn't. It's only happened once for each game, so it's not a big thing, I think.

ALBPM... LOL... I'm sure I get higher FPS for My Docs then anyone else... haha
                McRhea

Comment

Well... actually, it's not Diablo2.exe, but game.exe. But it's from the Diablo system folder. Do you think the TGL looked at it and just thought it was supported?

I guess it's no big deal, I could delete it if I want to, I mean, what use could an Opengl32.dll file be in My Docs?

It's just kinda weird how it got there... heh
                  McRhea

Comment

Working...
                  X