Final Version 6 drivers for G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Version 6 drivers for G400

Does anybody know when the final Version 6 drivers will be released and what upgrades the new drivers will contain ?

soon
    PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

Comment

I hope they make a new overclocking utility to go with that, MGA Tweak doesn't like my vanilla's memory, I get "snow" (white dots) at 200.

Comment

Adjust your SDRAM/SGRAM settings with MGATweak.. Set higher numbers and it will work.. For my friend at least. Looks like that only SDRAM is affected by that. I have SGRAM, and don't have that problem..

I'm not sure if I'm mixing SDRAM and SGRAM here, but with my card "Hardware Plane Write Mask" (or something like that) does work, and with his card it doesnt. I don't get white dots and he does (if using too high settings) ..

When I use too high settings, it starts to put a lot of garbage onto the screen, or halts.

Comment

heh, because your OEM G400 vanilla doesn't like memory clock at 200Mhz. I`ve the same problem and therefore I use MGA tweak with these settings.

fo=387, dividers 2.5/2.0/2.5, clocks 154.8/193.5/154.8

Comment

I'm back to PD 5.52 and Matrox's Tweak Utility, 118,7% (150/200) rock stable and no visual problems.

Comment

Hi Andrei.

Quick question: Do you get snow if you're using MGATweak with PD5.52 for an equivalent overclock with Matrox Tweak?

Do you enable SGRAM optimization in MGATweak? What are the duty cycle correction values when you did 150/200 with MGATweak? It would be helpful if you can tell me your MGATweak settings.

KJ Liew

Comment

Oh, you're lucky .... my G400 OEM's memory cannot run above 180 MHz

The core is stable at 160 and I've even had it running at 180, but chickened out before I could determine whether or not it was stable

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Hi,

I only get snow when using PD6 and MGA Tweak. I should've said PD6 doesn't like MGA Tweak.
                  With PD 5.52 I have no such problems.
                  I should mention that what I described as snow aren't white lines that invade the screen, I get that at 210. What I refer to are little white dots that I see in the lava in Quake 3, or in DK2 when a warlock comes through a portal (in the the light), dots that aren't there when not overclocked.
                  I tryed some SGRAM optimizations, the ones you provided in the documentation but I get no increased performance and the dots don't go away.

Here are the MGA Tweak settings I used:

System PLL clock=300
                  GCLK=150, MCLK=200, WCLK=150
                  Dividers: GCLK=2, MCLK=1.5, WCLK=2
                  duty cicle correction on auto
                  no SGRAM optimization

They work well in PD 5.52 (2 fps less in Q3 than 118,7% with Matrox's Tweak).

Comment

Looking again, I guess I'm a maniac. The dots are too small to bother anyone else. You have to look close to notice them.

If you ever need to test FSAA or find a graphic glitch leave it to me, I can spot the smallest things

Comment

This, might help as well
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Guess I got to stop looking for these things and start working on improving my gaming skills

Comment

Try with auto duty cycle correction disable. Make sure that your G/M/W duty cycle correction is 0/11/0. That can be the only difference when you overclock with MGATweak and Matrox Tweak.

KJ Liew

Comment

Better performance on auto, but thanks anyway

Comment

I am amazed....
                              Are you sure that you can perceive performance difference between different duty cycle correction??

KJ Liew

Comment

Working...
                              X