"Ok, so what is this!?" -G200 driver rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ok, so what is this!?" -G200 driver rant

Ok, so what is this!? No new Windows 2000 drivers for G200 since February, February, while the current "latest" have such features like this: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000270.html

How am I supposed to go around telling people how wonderful my Matrox product is if there's no way to get Java windows to work without some flashy "no acceleration" mode? While I'm currently programming Java for living, this makes G200 extremely useless product for me. And guess twice whether I will try G400 just to see if that would work..

Untolerable!

:
    B

Why would I want to try G400 drivers? Althought they might work better

:
    B

Comment

You wouldn't want to do that as they just won't work but the latest package had G200 drivers in it as well.

Maybe it had to be enabled in the installer inf files or something like that, it's been posted on the forums by adventurous g200 users a long time ago.

And if you told us how to reproduce your problem we could tell you if it exists on the g400 as well or not...

Comment

did you try the 5.10 drivers? While they are not listed as 'latest drivers for g200', that means nothing....

Comment

Have a look here http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000257.html

If this is similar to what you are getting, we don't see a problem.

If not, then provide us with a link so that we can see the problem.

Haig

Comment

Haig,

The problem is not with JavaScript nor Applets but applications. I will post a simple source that will do the trick later today.

If the latest package has G200 drivers as well, I would like to see Matrox's installer to support them instead me having to hack some infs.

:
            B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 23 July 2000).]

Comment

Code:
              /*
              This simple code will crash Matrox G200 system when run under Windows 2000 using JDK1.3 from Sun. More detailed system specs: [url="http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum7/HTML/000270.html"]http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum7/HTML/000270.html[/url] 

Instructions:
              1) JDK1.3 must be installed on Windows 2000 system.
              2) copy this code and save as G200BSOD.java
              3) compile with "javac G200BSOD.java"
              4) run with "java G200BSOD"
              5) watch the system BSOD with "MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" in G200m.sys.

Marko Buuri
              buuri@iobox.com

*/

import java.awt.*;
              import javax.swing.*;

public class G200BSOD
                 {
                 private static JFrame main_frame;

public static void main(String[] args)
                    {
                     main_frame = new JFrame("G200 crash");
                     main_frame.getContentPane().setLayout(new BorderLayout());
                     main_frame.setVisible(true);
                 }
              }
              Haig,

There's the code that'll do it. Please tell me that you have got it and save me the trouble of spamming this around
              Looks like there's an exception handler missing (not implemented in the driver). You really oughta send me a G400 for this..

:
              B

Comment

Thanks for the source Buuri. We'll have a look at it this week.

You can use the current win2k G400 drivers by playing with the inf file. In case you don't want to go this route, our next set of win2k drivers should be for all G cards.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X