No announcement yet.

Have you seen this chart? (incl. G800)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen this chart? (incl. G800)

It doesn't seem very promising does it? :-(((((

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

First off, how can they include a vidcard that hasn't even been announced yet?
    Second, how can they include numbers on that same vidcard, when there's no clue on them? Or did someone secretly test an Alpha model and thought that would be good enough?
    Third, how many question marks are in there?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Where did this chart come from????????

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hi!

First of all they do not include one vidcard that has not been released yet... They include many such cards :-) (that radeon II seems like a real beast :-) )

I cannot answer the second and third question for I do not know the answer.

There are many ?s indid :-).

ALBPM

I found it on www.reactorcritical.com (the guys who post the leaked nVidia drivers :-) ).

Here's a link http://www.reactorcritical.com/chips/summary.shtml

[This message has been edited by GD (edited 23 July 2000).]
        PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

4 questionmarks?

Get another count and see if you can reach 17 as well
          And that's the G800 only !!

LOL... never mind

Btw, wtf is a Kyro??

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 23 July 2000).]
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well even if there's were ALL totally correct it wouldn't be such a bad thing, we're all reasonably happy with our G400s, if we could possible get something as good that has MORE features and is even faster then how cool is that, who cares if it's amazingly faster than everything else.
            P3 500 @ 600
            256MB PC133 RAM
            64MB PC100 RAM
            Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
            Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
            WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
            G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
            Monster Sound MX400
            512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
            Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
            ASUS P3B-F
            Logitech X1 Speakers
            Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
            Logitech Internet Keyboard
            19.1G IBM 60GXP
            8.4G Seagate
            1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Sorry Jorden I thought that your question was referring to the number of question marks in your post :-) (I corrected it immediatelly, when did you see it? :-) )

Kyro is the new card from PowerVR/Videologic (that draw-only-the-visible-objects thing which never worked as expected with neon... seems to be a lot beter with kyro though).

What is iDCT and DX8 shaders support anyway? :-)

Good night everyone (it's 5:30 after midnight here in Greece)

GD

------------------

[This message has been edited by GD (edited 23 July 2000).]

Comment

Kyro is the latest PowerVR. You can read about it in www.firingsquad.com, cool little thing since the numbers on the chart are misleading. It uses tile rendering which virtually multiplies the fill rate and brandwith. Besides, 8 textures - wow !!!
                I 4got what iDCT is but there are a few new features not mentioned in this table which will be on the G800, check my latest post - "GeForce killer" for more info about the G800.

------------------
                Cloudy
                Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
                2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
                Cloudy
                Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
                2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

The reactor critical guy who made it must be a dumb ass. Including data numbers from cards that aren´t announced yet is preety dumb, but writing wrong info about cards that are out for a year now is kinda funny.

AFAIK, the G400 Max has 2 pipelines, doing 300 Mpixel/texel / sec.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 23 July 2000).]

Comment

Hi!

Yes that pipeline thing started me thinking as well... Another thing I cannot understand is why there is no difference between the single textured and multi textured fill rate... Am I ignoring something?

Btw have you noticed that the G800 is the only chipset (according to the chart) to feature an odd pipeline number? :-)

GD

Comment

Hello Mike,

Sunday, July 23, 2000, 4:16:00 PM, you wrote:

M> I'm curious as to the accuracy of your G800 specs shown here:
                      M> http://www.reactorcritical.com/chips/summary.shtml

M> I find that this is a big pill for me to swallow.
                      M> Care to comment?

These specs was on www.ixbt-labs.com. I guess they are from Gigabyte
                      inside information.

Best regards,
                      Konstantin mailto:reactor@reactor.ru

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I find most amusing they don´t know the clock speed/fill rate of Radeon256, but they already know the Radeon II will be shiping at 300 Mhz with a blazing 1800 Mpix/sec fill

Comment

I think it's cool they show the ATI Radeon II in the list, while the Radeon is yet to surface, or just has...
                          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Come on guys. Anybody with enough time on their hands could make a chart like that just from rumors found on the internet. Let's wait for the official announments. I'm sure the G800 will not disappoint.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

If my memory serves me right IDCT is something for accelerating software DVD playback. The major players already take advantage of cards which support it (of which there are plenty).

Comment

Working...
                              X