Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How stable are the Beta 6.00 Drivers? ^_^;

(I know)^3...

Sounds pretty paradoxical, but I (just) nuked my c: on the rig that houses the illustrious vanilla G400 32 DH OEM unit.

Any comments and experiences are greatly appreciated (w/in the next 5-20 minutes).

Here are my specs:

Celery II 566 oc'd to 850
    256 MB PC-100 Toshiba
    Asus P3B-F
    Gx00 mentioned above
    CL SB Live! X-Gamer
    V2 SLI
    Toshiba 6x DVD/32 CD-Rom
    Sony 48x
    D-Link OEM SN2000 ISA NIC

Well, sorry I answer some 3 hours later (after your initial deadline), but I can tell you that I don't have any significant problems with the PD 6.00 drivers. On my P3-450 on a BX mobo and G400 vanilla anyway.
    My girlfriend Holly, who's running a Celery 333 on an LX mobo, has gone back to running the PD 5.52 for greater stability for her G400 Max.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

PD 6 are good drivers and are worth installing over all other drivers. No doubts about that.

Comment

Not sure that "girlfriend Holly's" experience is proof one way or the other; I have several vectors of instability in my system at the moment.

Took the PD6 Betas down because they didn't seem to be removing any of those (still unknown) problems... but 5.52 seems just slightly to calm things down. But only just slightly, and since I've changed other settings, and drivers, and reinstalled Windows as well, I wouldn't go so far as to say anything about PD6 one way or another.

Just that my system isn't really steady enough to be running beta video drivers... I'll try the finals when they get here.

--------------------------
        Holly

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I went to sleep after posting. Just got up.

I'm off to dl the beta.

Comment

Hey Zwisch ...

I found one major letdown which forced me to go back to PD5.52

My new Eye3D shutter glasses require an wrapper which doesn't work with PD6.x

Besides that they are great and I surely would love to use the new improved PD6 ICD to test whether that would run with Q3 and my 3D glasses.

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
            X