Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max @ 133 FSB

Hello everyone!
    I have a good system but it doesn't seem to be able to reach 133MHz and I think it is the fault of my G400Max. It boots all the way into Win98SE then I get a vxd fault. I've heard that this card should be able to work at this speed. I've tried disabling SBA with Powerstrip but my system locks up. Any pointers anyone? Thanks.
    PIII 550E at 682MHz(124 FSB x 5.5 clock)
    ASUS CUBX MB
    128 MB Mushkin SDRAM guaranteed to 150MHz
    IBM Deskstar 22GB HD
    SoundBlaster Live Platinum SC
    Using CMD ATA-66 controller
    Addtronics case w/8 fans

Anytime you push componets beyond their specs you always run the risk that your's may not handle it while someone else's might. Overclocking ability will vary from card to card.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I've had my G400MAX up to 100 MHz FSB @ AGP x2 before, and it didn't crash. It did get really fuzzy looking at the time, and a few days later I noticed that if I did an ALT-ENTER, the full screen DOS modes were busted, but it was nothing the BIOS recovery disk couldn't fix. (It was an accident, scared the crap out of me. I assumed the "SoftFSB" type program I was using was smart enough to automaticly adjust the AGP multiplier since it didn't seem to have the option to manual control it.)

I run it at 75 all the time, and bump it up to 83 when I play Counterstrike, and it's 100% stable either way, even with the PCI stuff (SBLive! and SMC EZ Card PCI 10 NIC) o/c'ed too.

I'm also using a CUBX like you, but with the darn Celeron bug, I can't run my 533A at a full 100 MHz FSB without switching to the fail-safe P&P BIOS trick. Otherwise the chip's happy to run at 800 with only 1.6 volts, 100% stable.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll just have to stick with 124MHz FSB for now and wait for the new G800Magnum to come out.

Comment

Working...
        X