Is there a new Rainbow Runner for G400max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a new Rainbow Runner for G400max

I have a G400MAX DH and I want to do desktop video. I have noticed that Matrox has not released a new version of the Rainbow Runner for the G400, (or is there?)

Does someone know when aa G400 Rainbow Runner will be released, and is it as good as the Marvel 400 in every way. What about a "high end" card like a Miro or raptor (or RT2000?), do these cards totally outclass the Rainbow runner? Does a Rainbow runner have a firwire port?

thanks for you patience with my newbie ???s

Hi Bongo,

The G400 doesn't need it's "own" Rainbow Runner, it uses the same "G-series RR" as the G200 cards. In theory it is as good as a G400 Marvel, although there is some suspicion that the TV output of the G400 Marvel is superior, and that having the TV tuner outside the PC (in the BOB) cuts down on interference and potential heat problems. On the other hand, the RR comes with Ulead MSpro while the Marvel has Avid Cinema - Just ask this forum which product THEY prefer !

The DC10 is approximately on a par with the Rainbow Runner, both have their enthusiasts and detractors. As for the DC30, read my review of it (http://www.desktopvideoworld and follow the menus).

None of these products have firewire ports, they are all analogue video (VHS & S-Video).

The RT2000 isn't out yet, and is in a different ballpark both in terms of performance and finance.

Comment

Working...
    X