TurboGL processor specific?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL processor specific?

I (finally) have ordered my processor upgrade (from a C366@490 to a PIII 700 @ ???). Does anyone know if TurboGL detects the type of processor you have during installation, and optimize the installation accordingly (such as whether or not to use SSE extensions), or does it install everything, then use what is needs during operation?

In other words, do I need to uninstall, then reinstall after the CPU upgrade?

[This message has been edited by Darin (edited 13 July 2000).]

Yes, you'll need to reinstall it. Currently you are using the P2 TGL. You'll want to get the P3 TGL on there...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin!

Comment

Personally I'd uninstall the TGL (Unless the 6.xx ICD isn't as fast as the TGL), and run with just the plain ICD, as its just as fast if not a hair faster. Just my opinion. I could tell you for sure, but my PC blew up on me about a month ago (I'm at work at the moment). So I'm waiting for my Duron 600 and socket A M/B.

Comment

Working...
        X