Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Win2K certified drivers are out

Revision date: 12th july so that must be it, go'n'get'em

Is this actually anything new? I don't understand why the version number hasn't changed? Anyone try these yet?

Comment

There is nothing new apart from the Millennium G400 MAX driver now having the golden MS WHQL stamp of approval. The original release back in April only had the vanilla G400 certified. Curiously though this version includes a possible problem:

- Certain Millennium G400 32 MB boards are not supported by this driver. If this driver does not install for your 32 MB board, a certified driver revision will be available at a later date.

Comment

hello,

these drivers did fix one problem i had. before, i couldn't play sof in a dual-processor boot, now i can. so far every thing else is about the same. i, for one, am glad to have them...thanks MATROX!

ant, i did see that message during setup. i admit to holding my breath when i cliked "next". my g400 showed up in the next window...whewwww!

chucky

[This message has been edited by Chucky Cheese (edited 14 July 2000).]

Comment

Bursar, that's just cosmetics, it does the same thing in Win9x.
          If you want MAX in the description, you'll have to manually update the driver, and choose 'show all...' instead of only compatibles.
          I know this isn't very precise, but I'm at work right now (stupid #¤£&$ PC with SIS 6326, would you believe it).
          If you know your way around windows you will know what to do.
          I gather you could even edit it directly in registry and call it nVidia or something stupid like that (OK maybe that was a bit lame).
          Others may elaborate.
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Bursar,

i have nothing but win2k installed. i installed these certified drivers over the non-certified(.5.03.???). i also have one of the "earlier" g400 maxs'. this, as oppossed to the new ones that have that 4x designator in the product model number. mine still reads as a "g400 max agp" on the information tab.

chucky

Comment

Hmmmm, maybe more investigation is required.

I'm gonna run some tests tonight with them to find out how they perform against the 5.10 beta.

If they're not upto scratch, then the 5.10 driver is going back on my system.
              Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

It's official, the 5.04 drivers are slower than the 5.10 beta drivers.

The 5.10 drivers are going to be re-installed any minute now...

Comment

Has anyone with a G400 MAX and Win2k installed these drivers yet?

I did, and it still saw my card as a G400. The install went fine, so I guess there are no problems with the driver not installing correctly.

If anyone has had the MAX detected correctly, can you shed some light on how I would go about it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X