Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV-Codec problem...

Pleeeeeeaaaaaeee help me...

I read that this dvsd codec is the standard windows dv driver. So any dv driver as long as it is a software driver should work. Does anyone know where to get it?

------------------
    this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    ----------------------------
    Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) (1835-1910), American Writer

Hold up there DHN, you've gotta have some patience. I did some research this afternoon, but haven't got too much to show yet (not having a DV camcorder probably isn't helping here). I've looked across some of the Codec sites to see if I can find downloadable codecs to help, but nil so far.

Could well be that you'll have to wait into the week when most of the regulars show up - expecting results in a few hours really isn't realistic !

Comment

Sorry...
      I also searched all over the net but I didnt find very much... this can be very frustrating...

Comment

DV-Codec problem...

A friend of mine an I made a video some weeks ago with a Sony DV-Camcorder. We edited it on his Sony Vaio Laptop and had our fun. Now I have the video here on my harddisk and I am able to watch it - but just with the new Microsoft MediaPlayer because of the DV-Codec. So it runs not very smooth (about 15 fps). This is why I would like to convert the file into *.mpg or *.mjpg.
        But all encoders (e.g. Xing Mpeg) and capture programs (e.g. Premiere) claim that they cannot read the file (missing vids:dvsd driver).
        Is anyone out there who could tell me how to get the driver or at least how to convert without it?

Thank you very much!

ICQ#25318265
        E-Mail: dhn@gmx.net

------------------

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

Thanks,
          I will give it a try...

------------------

Comment

Hi

Heres my input for what it's worth

I use the Pyro 1394 (A fine firewire card) and Ulead VS.

I can play captured raw AVI DV files OK on my 400a celeron, 128mb ram computer fine but they are very big (5mins - 1gb)and are not really meant for playing on computers as they are (editing purposes only, although the picture quality is A1).

If I want to play these files on lower spec machines I convert them to 353x288 VCD files (Mpeg1)1min = 10mb using Ulead Visual Studio SE v3.

Ulead Visual Studio SE v3 & MGI Videowave III are the only programmes that will edit thse DV AVI files yet, Premiere & MS Pro will when the new versions come out.

I hope this helps you

John

------------------

Comment

If you ended up with type 1 DV files from the Sony laptop then you will need videostudio v3 or v4 t videowave iii, as was stated above.

You can work round this with videostudio by opening the type 1 dv file and saving as a type 2. This can then be opened in other editing applications.

If you have a type 2 dv file and the editing application cannot open it then you can find a driver on the adaptec website. Look under support>1394 for the latest version of hotconnect. Installing this installs the adaptec DVsoft codec. One watchout is that if you have a 1394 card already installed hotconnect overwrites the drivers and moves the inf files that allow windows to locate the old drivers. There is a work-around (plus other useful tips) on http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...44/anglais.htm

Comment

Hey thanks...
                I will give it a try...

Comment

Working...
                X