Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox Vs nvidia in court?

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...sp?Symbol=NVDA

grabbed this at www.hardocp.com , is this for real?.

Yep

SwAmPy

Comment

they really are a bunch of ferrets aren't they.

Comment

Yep. I wonder who Nvidia had on their payroll over in Matrox?

SwAmPy

Comment

They ought to ship the Bastard down here to New Mexico. Strange things can happen to a person like that down here. HEHEHEHEH

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

just how strange are we talking?

Comment

Graphiques Matrox Employees Jumpin' Ship for stock options and some big-ass payroll! What secrets could have been breeched? If the G-Force 2d all of a sudden goes the way of Matrox in the 2D dept., Murc or no Murc I'm outta here!

Comment

Hmmmmm....let's see here....have we seen any features on any certain new vid cards from nVidia that were a matrox item before *cough*dualhead*cough*, and rumors of EMBM...I wonder. I am sure that if Matrox is suing over it, they have HARDCORE proof that theft of trade secrets actually took place. Also, going and actively recruiting from competitors is WRONG and ILLEGAL internationally.

Rags

------------------
                Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

tuco, the only way to get employees from other companies is to talk to them. To talk to them, you either gotta know their personal email address or home phone #. The only way I can see Nvidia getting this is by having someone in matrox on their payroll.

If nvidia used somekind of headhunter, then big M would go after that person for solicitation.

PS: I just read this over on http://www.hardocp.com/news_images/2...strongarm.html

"Their PR department comprised mainly of Derek Perez and Diane Vanasse, are stepping into places in the "Hardware/Journalism Community" that they simply do not belong. While "cutting off" a site from hardware to review is one thing (which they are totally entitled to do), making efforts to control online content at hardware websites is another.

In my opinion, nVidia needs to reevaluate their wants and their needs and concentrate on building great Vid Cards, which they have done a great job of. But building great cards does not give you the right to try and censor online media. I think nVidia would make a great step in rebuilding relations with the Hardware Community by calling for the resignations of both Derek Perez and Diane Vanasse. There is NO ROOM for strong-arm tactics or manipulation in their job descriptions."

Ouch. Diane Vanasse used to work at big M.

SwAmPy

Comment

Well, what about this? Seems they made it their business to get good personel.

Looks like NVidia is becoming some kind of intel: Change a few transistors on the chip, increase the MHz a bit, and slap "GeForce2" on it.
                    And now this.. Damn, there's a big, ugly smell coming from all those large IT companies. I truly hope Matrox doesn't become the number 1 VidCard Corp. I want a special VidCard, not a card for the masses. ok, matrox?

Comment

We are not dependent on NVIDEA yet.
                      And we never will be if we choose not to. Just choose...
                      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Shit I hope they ain't after Haig, we can't afford to lose him!

Comment

Well if he did we would have one good reason to buy a GeForce!
                          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Either way the damn lawyers will be taking profits that could go into R&D.

<--Enter favourite hate-lawyer joke here-->

Comment

damn!, just got a 32mb geforce ddr in my cornflakes & i REALLY wanted that little plastic spinny thing.

oh well, better luck next box.

Comment

Working...
                              X