Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I loose when adding a Flat Panel Addon to my Marvel G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I loose when adding a Flat Panel Addon to my Marvel G400?

Hi folks,

I just bought a Marvel G400 and love it! Excellent card and very easy to install. I was just wondering what functionality I might loose when adding the Flat Panel Addon to the card.

As far as I understand this addon would connect to the BOB-connector on the G400. Do I loose the TV-tuner functions and Video I/O functions then? I'm a bit confused at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bye for now,
    Thorsten

Well... I have the flat panel add on, safely in a box... I have a vanilla G400 with rainbow runner G-series, though, and I have checked how the system should be connected, if I ever found the adaptor/cable I need (DVI<->DFP).

However, I suppose it is connected to the Marvel in the same way as to the G400, to the Matrox connector on the PCB board of the card. It is connected in a way that makes the board two slots wide, so it effectively reservs an extra PCI slot from your computer. And you can not use TV out at the same time as the DVI add on (it goes to the second head...)

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Working...
    X