Dualhead Querie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead Querie

After having my G400 for about a week now I have come toi the conclusion that games do not like the dual head feature being enabled if you are not using the second monitor. Quake 3 and 2 do not run and I am sure the UT doesn't like it alot.
    Now this is fine I don't mind rebooting if I know that I am only going to be playing games rather the working.

I have set up a desktop theme for my two monitor set up and just a single monitor setup but the trouble is switching themes doesn't disable dual head it just disables the second monitor. Does anyone know if you can set up themes that work so the it disables it properly or do you have to manually disable all the time.

------------------
    G400 32MB
    PIII 450 o/c 504
    Gigabyte BX2000
    128 PC100
    Sonic Vortex 2
    Athlon 1Ghz [Arghh]
    Abit KT7A [Arghh] [Arghh]
    512 MB Ram
    Kyro 4500 [Arghh]

You just reminded me that I left my DVDMax option enabled since watching DVDs this last weekend ... and I had my best on-line Q3A performance yet last night TV was off. So much for that theory.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

No offence but what is different with your set up then, quake 3 and 2 just refuse to start up and there is an opengl error message.
      If anyone has any ideas why this is happening please reply.

------------------
      G400 32MB
      PIII 450 o/c 504
      Gigabyte BX2000
      128 PC100
      Sonic Vortex 2
      Athlon 1Ghz [Arghh]
      512 MB Ram
      Kyro 4500 [Arghh]

Comment

I'm using TGL for Q3A. Not sure if I tried it with the full ICD. OpenGL games won't appear on the second head but work fine on the primary head. Its been reported that there is a performance hit though.

Are you saying that you only get an OpenGL error (what exactly?) when you have MultiDisplay enabled and the second head has a powered off monitor attached? Then the error doesn't occur if you power up the second montior? I've only tried a TV on the second head.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If I just have one monitor enabled everything is fine but as soon as the I enable dual head in the properties with or with the second monitor enabled opengl games don't work at all. Quake three says.
          "GLW_StartOpenGL () - Could not load open GL subsystem". I don;t get an error with Quake 2 it just refuses to get to the intor screen and rests is the only way out.
          This doesn't worry me really the thing I am asking is is there a way to set up two desktop schemes where I can have one with two monitors and one with dual head disabled and one monitor. At the moment I have both the schemes in dualhead mode but it doesn't swith correctly to the single head scheme it just disables the monitor. Hence games don't work and I have to manually change it. Also when I am in Single monitor mode the scheme for two monitors doesn't exist.
          This is using PD6 and the latest bios. I have not installed the TurboGL driver as I have read that it is not an improvement over the PD6 drivers.

Is it worth going back to an earlier set of drivers?

------------------
          G400 32MB
          PIII 450 o/c 504
          Gigabyte BX2000
          128 PC100
          Sonic Vortex 2
          Athlon 1Ghz [Arghh]
          512 MB Ram
          Kyro 4500 [Arghh]

Comment

It's not a fault in the drivers for your G400. It is a limitation of the opengl32.dll in your windows system, that is all. When you install TGL, it bypasses the window's opengl32.dll, thus dual head doesn't cause the crash.

Rags

------------------
            Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Working...
            X