clean out win2k matrox drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean out win2k matrox drivers?

the 510 beta drivers didnt go in right I guess so I get a bsod and auto reboot from games and 3dmark 2000.How do I really thourally dispose of drivers etc so I can do a "clean" install of 510?? Or maby I should use an earlier build?I did check on matrox site and here but found no win2k spacific instructions and I dont want to miss the file thats F**ked up..Thanks in advance .Matt

------------------
    Abit BF6, P3 600E AT 882,vantec 5030 cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

I think some kind of uninstall utility is included with the 5.10 drivers... must have uninstall or something in the name, just go and check it out

------------------
    - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

No such luck..No uninstaller ..WAH WAH I Wanna Play Games... Matt

------------------
      Abit BF6, P3 600E AT 882,vantec 5030 cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

I just looked in the 5.10 drivers:

PDUninst.exe
        Description: Matrox Uninstaller for Windows

hmmm... I think you missed that one...

---------------------
        - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 09 July 2000).]

Comment

You should be able to uninstall the video drivers by clicking on the "Uninstall" button in the Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Display Adapter/Properties/Driver dialog box

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 09 July 2000).]

Comment

dZeus You gotta point that worked I think ..No bsod but 3dmark 2000 still freezes the box hard so I gotta reboot any way..is there a better build than 510 or is it just madonoin's fault ??it seems like if 3dmark runs you are stable as hell and if yer not it will find the weakness and bail or freeze ..Oh well Ill try some other games tomorrow.Thanks all Matt

------------------

Comment

MadOnion released an updated verion of 3DFarq2000 lately... it is said to have full win2k support, unlike the old version (which worked fine on my pc. Only when I iverclocked it, it would sometimes jump back to desktop at a random scene).

If you have both the G400 and the SBLive! on their own IRQ's, (unless you're running in ACPI mode, and you have a fully ACPI compliant motherboard bios), than all should work fine. If not, make them have their own IRQ.

If everything else fails, you should start thinking about a clean Win2k install with only the latest drivers (no, not the SBLive LW drivers for Win2k! well.... not untill they release LW3 for Win2k, which should work fine)

Hope that helped,
              Frank

------------------

Comment

Yo dZeus thats uncanny ..I had just put a big case fan in my box and decided I could run with the case closed now ..WRONG...the cpu temp went up a bit (120 f) and instability followed..I had the new version of 3dmark and thats why I ran the test and found the problem ...with the box open again all is well..Thanks again for your timely help.Matt

------------------

Comment

Working...
                X