Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramdac

Hey all,

Just took my Mystique G200 out of retirement, slapped on a new Tennmax BGA Lasagna cooler and had up-and-running (once again).

It sports 8 MB of SDRAM and 230 Mhz RAMDAC.

Question is:

Can anyone notice any difference between 230 (of the Mystique G200) and 300 (of my vanilla OEM G400 DH)?

Both refresh rates are set @ 85 Hz @ 1024x768.

The G400 will have slightly better color rendering... but the ramdac truely only effects what max resoution can be displayed at a given refresh rate.

I highly doubt you'll see a difference at 1024x768. At resolutions at 1280x960 and above this will be more prominent.

I'm running both a MilG200 and a G400 Max at 1600x1200 on the same 21" monitor... G200 won't do more than 16 bit color (mem limitation) and the Max at 32 bit color. I can see the difference.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The biggest influence on picture fidelity is not the speed of the ramdac, but the quality of the filters used and the number.

Example: even though GeForce cards have the same ramdac speed as a G400 vanilla, they all suck compared to the G400 in 2d. On the other hand, The Canopus GeForce has G400-quality 2d. This is made possible by the extra filters that Canoups includes on all their cards and all the big gaming card makers dont.

------------------
      This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

There is no visible difference between 230 MHz RAMDAC running at 90 MHz and 300 MHz RAMDAC running at 90 MHz.

Comment

Working...
        X