Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the Tyan Trinity K7 S2380 Motherboard to work with the Matrox G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the Tyan Trinity K7 S2380 Motherboard to work with the Matrox G400?

How do I get the Tyan Trinity K7 S2380 motherboard w/ the 1.02a bios to work the Matrox G400, could you please leave a list of the order to install whatever it is I need to install. Thanks

APerson -

I read the reviews for this mb before settling on my KA7, but have no hands-on experience with the s2380. However, since it is a KX-133 chipset mb, I would proceed as follows if it were mine:

Install only the memory, hd, video card and cpu at first. Make sure the cpu and memory are properly seated in their slots. Set all of the adjustments in BIOS to their most conservative settings (later, these can be bumped up to higher values).

Now, assuming the hd is properly recognized in BIOS, you are ready to install the OS of choice.

Then you are ready to do the following:

Install Via 4in1422, reboot

Install Via AGP4.03, reboot

[or install 4in1423 in place of the previous two steps]

If using W98, install the latest version of DirectX, reboot,

Now, you are in a position to successfully install the drivers for the G400Max. I use 600 for W98, 445 for NT, and 510 for w2k.

At this point, add one card at a time, install its drivers, and check operation before adding any others. When satisfied, it's okay, add another until all are in and working.

If a card doesn't work properly, it may be an irq sharing problem - try another slot for the problem card. Since there are six PCI slots on a s2380, plus an AGP slot, and an USB controller (as I remember), it should be obvious that slots must share the four PCI irq pin assignments.

I have not seen the BIOS screens for the s2380, so you are on your own at this point!

JohnT

Comment

Working...
    X