My G400 MAX + Epox 7KXA misadventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 MAX + Epox 7KXA misadventures

The Epox 7KXA uses the Via KX133 chipset, BTW. I'm using the latest 4-in-1 drivers, 4.23. I have used many drivers for the G400 MAX, right now I'm using www.paraknowya.de's hacked driver set. It didn't fix these problems, but it didn't break anything, so I don't see any reason to waste time changing to something else. The 7KXA and G400 MAX both have the latest bios. Nothing is overclocked.

The BIOS has the neccessary G400-complient settings. No video bios caching, no 100/133 spectrum modulation. The AGP aperture is 128 megs, there is no difference in anything when I change it. I've tried forcing AGP 2x and 4x, it didn't solve anything. Now, the problems.

First of all, I can't use a CAS latency of 2. My ram is CAS 2, and I can do anything as long as it isn't 3d accelerated. This is really ticking me off, I paid good money for that ram. This happens with any drivers.

Next, I can't really use the latest drivers. 5.52 will work fine in everything but TurboGL, which makes the system freeze. 5.60 works in everything but TurboGL, which has broken dynamic lighting. Quake 2 has massive texture distortion when something is supposed to be lit up, half-life just has no dynamic lighting at all. Again, this happens with any version of TurboGL.

Yeah, just those two problems. I've nailed down like a dozen more, but I can't figure these out. The drivers thing really doesn't bother me, but I spend a lot of money to get CAS 2 memory. Oh yeah, the ram is at +33, disabling that doesn't help anything.
Working...
X