Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosting Effect??

Got a setup of G400 DH 32Mb and Samsung 700IFT, using PD5.52

Got hold of BNC cables and tried them on my Samsung 700IFT. For the initial month, everything went very well and the better quality graphics the BNC produced was very impressive.

Recently, I seem to notice some "ghosting effect" on my screen. No matter what PD version I try, or screen resolution and refresh rate will not make the effect go away. Only when I got frustrated and tried changing back to 15-pin D-SUB then everything was back to normal.

What went wrong? Faulty BNC cables? Thanx.

------------------
    Asus K7M BIOS KM1009, Athlon 650, 128Mb Micron PC100 -8E SDRAM, G400 32Mb DH, IBM 34GXP 13.6, Quantum ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 7570i, Samsung 700IFT, HP Deskjet 710C, SBLive! Value, Altec Lansing ACS56
    Abit KT7A-RAID, TBird AVIA 1ghz o/c 1.3ghz, 256Mb Infineon PC133 SDRAM, G400 32Mb DH, Maxtor DM+60 30G, Quantum Fireball ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 9100i, Samsung 700IFT, HP Deskjet 710C, Philips Acoustic Edge, Sirocco Crossfire

Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem on my Iiyama Vision Master Pro. 410.
    Had my monitor replaced by Iiyama, all ghosting effects have now gone.
    So in my case it was definately a monitor issue.
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Thanx for reply.

I think mine should not be a minitor related problem since the 15-pon D-SUB works properly.

I think i might have bought a faulty BNC cable...Any other comments guys?
      Abit KT7A-RAID, TBird AVIA 1ghz o/c 1.3ghz, 256Mb Infineon PC133 SDRAM, G400 32Mb DH, Maxtor DM+60 30G, Quantum Fireball ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 9100i, Samsung 700IFT, HP Deskjet 710C, Philips Acoustic Edge, Sirocco Crossfire

Comment

It might very well be either the cable or the monitor. You are going through different connections (on the monitor) and cables. It is certainly a connection problem and trial and error is the only way I can think of to sort it out.

Try the cables on another monitor. If the work correctly under the same conditions as on your monitor, try them on your's again. If they revert to bad behavior, then it is the monitor. If they perform correctly then it was the cables or the connections on the monitor (then leave it alone).

If they don't work on the other monitor either, then it's the cables

You may try moving the cables around while the monitor is showing the ghosting signals. If it's the cable, then it may vary in quality when you twist or wiggle the cables.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 05 July 2000).]

Comment

Try checking the connections both at your computer and on your monitor. Make sure nothing is loose or wiggles too much.

Also make sure there isn't anything producing too much EMI nearby. Perhaps your cables aren't shielded adequately?

Or your monitor may be faulty?....

b
          Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
          X