G400 DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 DVD

What's the best software DVD player for the G400?

I use WinDVD 2000. Excellent

Comment

PowerDVD 2.5 or higher is also good, works in win2k also..
      AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

I used both, and from what I heard WinDVD 2000 has better picture and audio (if you have a nice sound system).

I have to use PowerDVD v2.55 because WinDVD makes the video choppy on my poor P2 300 system.
        Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Is there any reason why you folks don't use the Cinemaster player that comes with the G400 ?

Performance is very good and picture on my TV is crystal clear and has vivid rich colors shaded by very decent contrast ...

All I did was gain a bit more saturation and lightness to the default DVD Max settings.

Cheers,
          Maggi
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

PowerDVD's best point is that it just works and has a rich feature set.

WinDVD worked in Win2000 on one of my machines, not on the other.

My favorite used to be PowerDVD until CineMaster 2000 came along. It is quite a fragile thing, requiring you to set up things the right way. But when it is running, you get a nice interface, still the best rewinding plus support for playing IFO files off your HD.

I use SPDIF out so all the players sound the same.
            As for video quality I would be hard pressed to spot a difference between the three.

I doubt anyone would recognize which of the three players are you using just by glancing at the picture quialty while running it full-screen with the interface hidden.

Try them all, or just get CineMaster 2000 because it doesn't really like to have other players around.

Comment

I don't use the Cinemaster player that came with the G400 because it had a serious stutturing problem on my two computers. WinDVD doesn't.

Comment

I just installed Cinemaster 2000 on my Windows 2000 pc, and only use the codec: I use Media Player to play the vob files, and I use DVD Genie to configure cinemaster settings

Comment

When my DVDROM ( Hitachi 8x/40x GD5000) was in my Matrox box, I experienced the same stuttering probs. Once I switched to Cinemaster-2K (Elsa branded) they went away. DVD Genie is the shizz for setup.

------------------
                  600e@866 450(Katmai)@600
                  Asus DDR G400 Max
                  Soyo 6BA+IV Soyo 6BA+IV
                  128 MB Siemens 128MB Siemens
                  WD Expert 20.5 IBM 22GXP 13.5
                  SB Live SB Live
                  20" Sony 19" Sony
                  8x Hitachi DVD 56x Afreey
                  8x/20x Panny CDR

900 T-bird @ 1 GHz, K7 Pro, G400 Max, IBM 20.5GB, 20" Sony, 56x Afreey, SB Live X-gamer

1.33 T-Bird @ 1.53 GHz, Iwill KK266R, Radeon VIVO, 2 x 30GB WDs (RAID 0), 19"Sony, 12/10/32 Plextor, Toshiba 16x/48x dvdrom

Comment

Zoe
                    What are you using for a CPU? If it is and AMD the the PowerDVD has native 3DNOW! support. It works very well on my MVP3G-M with K6 III 450, and even better on my Asus K7M mother board and Athlon 750, both with G400MAX.
                    No dummy, its rape, pilage, and THEN burn.

Comment

I use Cinemaster and I haven't had any problems with that, I've used PowerDVD2.55 but it seemed to demand more processorpower than cinemaster (I used to run it on a AMD K6-II 450 MHz). With Pd5.52 Cinemaster works perfect, crystalclear picture and working subtitles (!!!). Above that I've got a nice little IR-box named IRMAN and a sweet little program wich interfaces with cinemaster (among others) so I can relax in my sofa and watch movies and toggle trough menus using my universal TV-remote I recommend cinemaster if you have small processor (Non athlon, non p-III) and if you have processorpower cinemaster is also the one..

------------------
                      My system:
                      • Athlon 700 MHz
                      • 192 Mb Ram
                      • Asus K7V mb
                      • Matrox G400 (oc @ 150/200)
                      • wester 10.2Gb and seagate 6.5Gb (removable) hdd
                      • Soundcrapster PCI64 (soon Aureal A3d )
                      • Logitech Force Feedback wheel (cool)
                      • 300W atx case

My system:
                      | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
                      homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Working...
                      X