Dual Monitor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor Problem

I have a G400-MAX and two monitors, a Sony and an older IBM (model 6324). Want to make the Sony monitor #1 and the IBM #2.

The only way I can get it to work is to make IBM #1 and Sony #2. When I try it the other way, I never get a display on the IBM (it's just black), although the system thinks there are icons over there and wants to allow me to move the mouse pointer over there.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? (I have the latest 6.0 drivers installed.)

Hi, yeah i have the same problem I have a NEC 5FG for primary and a Ultrascan for secondary the problems arose when the refresh rates were too high for the secondry to handle, try settting them down to 60hz and working your way up, there is a setting for optimal, and default when using dualhead config, try forcing both monitors to use the lowest setting pos, about 60 hz or so, looks awfull but gave me a start.

i use the secondary for running adbars such as
    <a href="http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=NAT672"> and <a href="https://secure.guernsey.net/pays/joinnow.cfm?refid=IRM9876F">

Comment

It's a Win98 problem: If you run two different makes and models of cards, Win98 behaves much better when dealing with different monitors.

There are many, many monitors out there that are very particular about refresh rates (Packard Bell, older Dell) and screen resolution settings: It is VERY important to make sure your monitor driver is the correct one.

Entech's Powerstrip can identify a PNP monitor via the EDID header most of the time and suggest a driver.

Sometimes, particularly with older monitors, you have to dig around to find the right .inf file. Oftentimes what is written on the back of your monitor will have little or no correlation between the name of the correct monitor driver.

Sad but true.

Play around with your refresh settings and try a bunch of different files: look to the manufacturer pages for drivers that might not be on your Windows disk.

Hope this helps.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

It's a Win98 problem: If you run two different makes and models of cards, Win98 behaves much better when dealing with different monitors.

There are many, many monitors out there that are very particular about refresh rates (Packard Bell, older Dell) and screen resolution settings: It is VERY important to make sure your monitor driver is the correct one.

Entech's Powerstrip can identify a PNP monitor via the EDID header most of the time and suggest a driver.

Sometimes, particularly with older monitors, you have to dig around to find the right .inf file. Oftentimes what is written on the back of your monitor will have little or no correlation between the name of the correct monitor driver.

Sad but true.

Play around with your refresh settings and try a bunch of different files: look to the manufacturer pages for drivers that might not be on your Windows disk.

Hope this helps.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Sad but true.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Sad but true.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X