Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and AGP 2x faild :-(

HI ALL!
    I have a ASUS P3B-F Board and a G400 AGP Card! I downloaded the MTSUTUTIL.EXE and switched from AGP 1x to AG 2x and nothing then:-( Every time I start a Game or a benchmark program my computer hangs :-( I have Windows 2000 and the lates Drivers? Where is the ERORR ???

------------------

Need more info.
    What are all of the components in your system?
    Are you overclocking anything?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

HI!
      I have:

1. SB LIVE (PCI)
      2. Hauppauge WINTV PCI
      3. AVM FRITZ! Card Classic (ISA)
      4. ABIT HOT ROD 66 Ultra DMA 66 Controller (PCI)
      5. G400 AGP
      6. OvisLink LFE-8139ATX-Fast Ethernet-Adapter (PCI)

That is all! And I do not using overclocking, all original!

------------------

Comment

If the card will not run in 2x, it is because of bus noise. It could be caused by any of those cards, or the system RAM. If you are intent on getting it in 2x, remove all cards except the G400, and see if it goes into 2x. If it does, add the cards back in one by one till it drops back to 1x. If even with all of the other cards out, it still stays at 1x, try different RAM, or if there is more tham 1 stick of RAM on your mobo, try with just 1.

In the end, it's not going to make much of a difference. Only a few games are finally starting to really use AGP, so the greater majority of the time, you will not see a diff from 1x to 2x...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 02 July 2000).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X