beta 6 win9x drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta 6 win9x drivers

How does this beta driver compare with the official 5.x drivers?

Hi Zoe. Unlike beta drivers from some manufactures, Matrox's beta drivers are official. No leaking. No abdication of responsibility.

I had an odd DOS problem that came and went. I expanded a SETI client (cmd-line) to full-screen mode and lost video. This is probably something specific to my system. It did this once and never did it again.

The 6.0 betas rate high as far as chipset compatibility goes. They seem very stable. I run this machine close to 24 hours a day, and I have used an assortment of 2D Windows apps without incident.

I've heard they are not compatible with the Matrox overclocking utility.

Do you have any specific concerns?

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks paul,

I was just hoping for some sort of performance boost. The 5.x drivers seem pretty stable already.

Comment

Hi Guys!

I just installed the new drivers (Beta 6.0) on my Marvel 400-TV and it's been working perfect for the last 2 days. Very stable.

I did some benchmarking and on 3DMark 2000 I went up from 2550 to 3150, which is quite impressive

On Quake III I went up from 34 to 42 fps in 1024x768(32-bit and other options on). My system PIII 550E ocd to 666Mhz and Marvel ocd. to 150/200.

Matrox OC Uitl does not work but MGA Tweak still working fine.

Take care

Sam

Comment

That's great to hear!

Comment

Sam Sung you're going to make me to remove win2k and install w98 again :-))))

------------------
            PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Anybody try the betas with a K6-3 VIA MVP3 based system?

Comment

Cking: now the drivers are for G200 too, not official yet, using install.inf from 5.x drivers.

Comment

Hella356:

New PD6.x drivers are good to go on my K63 400 with the VIA chipset. I'm Running a Marvel G200 TV with a DVD Addon, and for the first time in over a year, I've got a PD version that ain't broken in some form or other.

I did have to rename Ant's install.exe file linked on the MURC Newscenter to install.inf and replace the one that came with in the package from Matrox, but YES! They WORK! And very well, too.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 27 June 2000).]
                  Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                  CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                  Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

I just finished putting together a second PC for the kids and it is an EPoX VIA MVP3 based motherboard with an AMD K6-2/400 CPU and the Millennium G200 AGP card. I am running the latest 6.10.021 PD version of drivers without any problems. I will do furthur test but all looks good at this point.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

The new 6.x drivers were working great with my Mill G200 AGP, but they don't work with Final Fantasy 7, the movies are displayed screwy (even though it passes all the tests in the FF7 configuration; 5.41 work great). I was hoping the new drivers would fix the problems I have with Quake2 engine based games (Q2, Heretic2, Half-Life, etc...), they always hang when loading the next map (the first map/level always works great), this doesn't happen when I force AGP1X mode though, only in AGP2X (which is default) mode does this happen. Back to 5.41 drivers for me for the mean time. Does anybody else have the same problems in FF7 or Q2-based games? This is all on BX motherboard btw.

Comment

It's working for me on both a G200 w/ DVD add-on and G400. The first time the DVD add-on has actually worked since I bought it. Using the MGI player. And thanks to a lot of help from Bixler. No direct3D crashes.

------------------
                        Mine: Epox EP-MVP3G5, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, K6-3/450, 128mb PC133, WD 10.2gb ATA66, Pio 32x CDROM, LS-120, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100, HP 712c, HP 6200
                        Hers: Epox MVP3G-M, G200+TVout+DVD, K6-2/450 504@112, 128mb PC133, WD 8.4gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100

Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
                        Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Does the beta six driver include SSE/3Dnow optimizations?

Comment

Everyone seems to have had a performance boost using PD6 beta but strangely enough I have had a performance drop. I have notice that StarLancer has all of a sudden slowed down (choppy game play). I was using the PD5.30 and TGL1.03 drivers until the release of the PD6 beta drivers, which I installed and have had no incompatibility issues, which I did experience using the PD5.41 and higher drivers.
                            The PD6 beta drivers have been very stable in all aspects of games and apps except for the performance hit with StarLancer.

Overall this driver release is a blessing, however, AGP4x is still unstable and I'm currently running @ AGP2x
                            ---------------------
                            PIII 450Mhz
                            AsusP3V4X Mobo (Bios Ver 1.05)
                            (Via 4.22 4in1) AGP4.03
                            G400DH Max 4XAGP
                            (PD6) AGP Aperture size 64
                            192Mb 133Mhz SDRam
                            SoundBlaster Live!

Comment

My UT is MUCH better with PD6...

Comment

Working...