G200, Win2000, PowerDVD 2.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200, Win2000, PowerDVD 2.5.5

Can somebody please put me out of my misery….

1. Why can’t I output to my TV at the same time as watching a DVD in windows 2000 I can in windows 98??. I am using PowerDVD 2.5.5.
    2. When I use Microsoft NetMeeting (3.01 part of win2000) you should be able to bring up the Video source window to select the video input, this window never appears any ideas??. (The idea of the video source window is to display the Matrox window showing the input source ie composite/s-video)
    3. If I want to use digital audio S/PDIF output do I have to connect the DVD drive to the DVD add on card, the DVD drive uses 2 pins the DVD add on has four pins??.

Matrox Graphic Card:G200
    Model #: PCI Marvel, DVD add on.
    PD version:
    VT version:
    MGA Bios version: 2.6-17
    Motherboard chipset: VIA Apollo Pro 133
    CPU: PIII 600MHz 100MHz
    Motherboard Bios: Award
    Desktop resolution and color depth: 1024 by 768 High colour (16 bit)
    Direct X version: 7.0
    Hard Drive: IBM DJNA 352030
    SCSI card type:
    Sound card and driver version: On motherboard
    Monitor brand: NISSEI SANGYO CM2085M
    DVD-ROM Drive (make/model): RICOH DVD/CDRW MP9060

1. Umm, I think the problem is W2K. I recall reading several other posts here at MURC and on M's official TS fori on this problem.

2. Clueless

3. Power DVD through the DVD addon: I don't believe that you are actually getting any decoding through hardware. The DVD Addon has a set of unique filters that have to be installed, and are registered when you install the OEM Zoran SoftDVD navigator program that came with your mod. If you don't have these installed then your PowerDVD proggy is doing all the work in software, and I haven't heard yet from anyone that PowerDVD is compatible with the OEM filters.
    I'd be overjoyed to know you were successful with PowerDVD and the module.

Try this:

Clear your Machine of all background activity, TSR's, etc, Play a DVD and use SYSMON (in W98) to show CPU Utilization. If your CPU is running consistently above 30-40% you're working in Software and the Module is just being ignored.

Same situation with S/PDIF. The connectors that you're referring to are simply a passthrough to your sound card and are (I Believe) the analog audio. The S/PDIF stream doesn't rely on the analog connector from your DVD Drive, so it shouldn't matter. You can only access S/PDIF from the connector on your Marvel BOB, and only with the OEM Zoran navigator software, or a couple of other players outlined in the threads below.

There is a way to use several DVD Software Decoders with your DVD Addon if you care to do a little experimentation and fiddling. Check this thread for a detailed explanation of the workaround:
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000290.html

Check this thread for some newer information on another player that works with the mod.
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008878.html

Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Sorry about the confusion..and thanks for the quick reply

I am using Zoran software in windows 98 and am very happy...even though I am about to try to connect and use the digital audio so thought I would ask about the DVD drive digital output?
      Having read lots and lots of messages in the forum about using windows 2000, I installed Cinemaster 2000 but ran slow and kept asking for DMA (I am using).
      So then tried Powerdvd 2.5.5 and this works perfectly on screen but I would like to see it on my TV as well.

[This message has been edited by Peter England (edited 29 June 2000).]

Comment

Just out of curiosity, Pete, are you brave enough to try an install of the OEM/Zoran on your W2K side? If the filters are compatible with W2k's implementation of DirectX, you just might be able to use the Module (and therefore S/PDIF) in W2K, 'cause the Cinemaster 2000 S/W IS compatible in W98 with S/PDIF and the module.

If you want to try this, I'd advise uninstalling all your DVD software on the W2K side before you start.

There is a fella (Ledo Simon) working on a filter only install sequence that would hopefully allow W2K compatibility with the module.

Keep your hopes up on the dual display/TV out problems...I've heard they're gonna fix this W2k problem in the first service update. Unless I'm just completely wrong about my assumption that your problem and all the complaints about no Dualhead for G400's are related.--Something about no overlay support in W2K code.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Thanks again Bixler..
          Uninstalled powerdvd, installed Zoran NO..
          Matrox setup
          "program doesn't work with your current graphics card"
          Softdvd setup
          "windows NT is detected. This software works only with windows 95/98."

Comment

Oh, well.

Stay tuned. That "filter only" install is in the works...that may solve your W2K problem.

...And I'm quite sure that you're decoding only in Software in W2K with PowerDVD, but I'd love to hear an argument from you that your hardware is functional.

Prove it.

Make me happy.

Comment

Totally agree it is software, it is, I believe my only choice as I have read that matrox dont have the dvd module software so cant rewrite for win2000.
              (waiting for G800 marvel maybe)

Have you ever tried Netmeeting??

Comment

Working...
              X