Using Millennium G400 AGP and Marvel G200 PCI Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Millennium G400 AGP and Marvel G200 PCI Together

Has anyone found a way to use these two cards together with the current batch of Powerdesk and Video Tools? I'd sure appreciate any input that anyone has.

I have a G400 Marvel too, but I don't want to lose the dualhead and I'd prefer to keep my 32MB AGP memory. Besides, I operate 7 monitors from this system and want to stock it with as many Matrox products as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bill

They should work fine, but if you want the video functions of the Marvel G200 it will have to be the primary card.

Comment

I have a G200 Marvel PCI also and from what I have been told you can't use the video tools with your G200 Marvel if it's the secondary card in your system. This is the main reason why I didn't go for a G400. The G200 Marvel is still a damn good card and it would be a shame to let it go to waste

However if you could deal with the G200 as your primary card and the G400 as your secondary card that should work. But I don't know what kind of consequences this would have on gaming with OpenGL/D3D. Maybe someone else could fill us in.

edit: heh, I was reading something in a different window instead of typing in this one and ya beat me Ant

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 28 June 2000).]

Comment

Thank you to all who have replied. Will usng the G200-PCI as my primary preserve my dual-head feature for my G400-AGP?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X