matrox + snk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox + snk

From the Neo Geo mailing list we have learned some about what SNK will be using for its next system. Notice what it is going to be using for video

>SNK MILLENIUM
    >CPU INTEL PENTIUM LOGIC INOVATION IV TO 900 MHZ
    >Graphic card 3D MATROX CHIPSET GPUN
    >Polygons 450 million Polygons per second
    >Textures 30,2 GigaPixels per second
    >Memory 128 Mb to 300 Mhz
    >Speed DVD and CD DVD TO 6X AND CD AT 32X
    >Sound Stereo with 128 channels
    >S.O. Microsoft C.E. or SNK Control Panel
    >Modem 128 Bps.

Ok, I'm curious !
    Could you please forward that mail ?
    anan.zeevy@telrad.co.il
    Thanks !

------------------
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

sounds awesome ... especially that GPU thingie, 450million polys and more than 30 GigaPixels/sec ...

but what in the world is an SNK ???

Could you enlighten us ?

Cheers,
      Maggi
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Just like you have all the game manufacturers like Sega, Atari, Nintendo, SNK (NEO-GEO)...
        SNK make games as well as gaming machines. Their games are the likes of Namco and Konami etc. They're cool if you ask me.
        The Neo-Geo was one cool gamin machine, too bad it didn't succeed so much.

------------------
        Cloudy
        Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
        2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
        Cloudy
        Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
        2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

ok here is the meail for all to see

===cut here======

---------- Forwarded message ----------
          Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:15:41 GMT
          Reply-To: neogeo@egroups.com
          To: neogeo@egroups.com
          Subject: Re: [neogeo] Snk Millenium

Thank you very much for translating this Vander. Dion do you know anything
          about this project?

Mark

>From: "Vander Fujisaki" <vander@onez.com>
          >Reply-To: neogeo@egroups.com
          >To: <neogeo@egroups.com>
          >Subject: [neogeo] Snk Millenium
          >Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:14:52 +0200
          >
          >Hello everybody
          >
          >***Mark Davies***
          >Im spanish but my english is bad -_-, using a translater this is the result
          >:
          >
          >"Good not you if all know the one new project that this making SNK, it is
          >called SNK MILLENIUM , and it is the new Mega Console of SNK. before
          >beginning with this small report, to comment that this news came out ago
          >very little bit time in this Speksnk, the problem paginates it is that
          >almost nobody you he/she believed and this news is believed, because so
          >that
          >you know it the news it is completely certain . We have not invented it to
          >us neither anything for the style, we simply know people of SNK JAPAN that
          >they have him to us said. Y what we want is really to inform you of this
          >and many other news of SNK that we receive from Japan. Therefore I repeat
          >you that it is not our invention, it is a primicia that we advance you to
          >you, those visitors of Speksnk.
          >
          >Good we go directly to that that this monster of the technology it can
          >offer. to Comment that this console is not for sure it leaves, for the time
          >being alone this in phase of project , and we would say that it is as a
          >prototype, for what you/they have told us, SNK Millenium is not known never
          >if it will leave to the market, everything depends of as they go him the
          >things to SNK that he/she is the mother of this project.
          >
          >Here you have those specifications technical of the SNK Millenium:
          >
          >
          >SNK MILLENIUM
          >CPU INTEL PENTIUM LOGIC INOVATION IV TO 900 MHZ
          >Graphic card 3D MATROX CHIPSET GPUN
          >Polygons 450 million Polygons per second
          >Textures 30,2 GigaPixels per second
          >Memory 128 Mb to 300 Mhz
          >Speed DVD and CD DVD TO 6X AND CD AT 32X
          >Sound Stereo with 128 channels
          >S.O. Microsoft C.E. or SNK Control Panel
          >Modem 128 Bps.
          >
          >
          >
          >As you see SNK Millenium, it is one it authenticates beast of the
          >technology.
          >
          >The console, a reader takes of DVD in the front part and in the superior
          >part he/she brings a groove for cartridges. he/she Means this that the
          >games
          >of Neo Geo Card , they will be compatible with SNK MILLENIUM ??? Because
          >apparently it could be, is the size of the groove of the cartridge very
          >inferior to the size of an original cartridge of Neo Geo , what happens, is
          >that apparently in the groove of cartridges, it could be connected kind of
          >a
          >adapter , for this way to connect the games of Neo Geo Card. As you see the
          >groove of Cartridges, he/she would have many advantages. We could play to
          >the games of NG Card, and at the same time to los games in DVD for the new
          >console SNK Millenium. And also a thing that I forgot that the groove of
          >Cartridges would serve (this alone it is a rumor) to also connect games of
          >NG POCKET and Neo Geo Pocket Color, to inclination clear this of another
          >adapter. If finally one could make this, SNK Serious Millenium one
          >authenticates videojuegos console, we could play to the games of SNK
          >Millenium, the games of Neo Geo Card, and the games of NG Pocket all in the
          >same console, Impressive no??? It is also neither so complicated, already
          >que for example to the MegaDrive could be connected an adapter (The Master
          >System Converter) to play to the games of Master System , and it could also
          >be connected through another adapter, games Japanese y already also put
          >the
          >Mega CD they could be connected, and the 32X, therefore not serious so
          >complicated.
          >Also fix you in a thing, in the one name of the Console, SNK Millenium
          >Sounds like to console of the Millennium and revolutionary. AND if finally
          >it was this way???
          >Serious one cane !!!
          >
          >Good on the main support to play with SNK Millenium, I eat I have already
          >told it to you it is the one reader DVD that it integrates the console, we
          >could play to games like Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, Samurai Shodown 64 II,
          >King of Fighters 99, etc... in our own house, without having to wait loads
          >and loads like it happened in the NEO GEO CD and everything it thanks to
          >their reader piece DVD that incorporates. Serious a great console, and
          >above
          >its software in DVD would arrive from all over the world to the pockets, I
          >don't eat it happens and it passed with the Neo Geo Cart.
          >
          >Man already you that right now all can play the KOF perfectly 99 of
          >Dreamcast , without having to wait almost anything, but think this: to Play
          >today in day to the one KOF 99 of Dreamcast, it is impressive, quick, and
          >brilliant, but Dreamcast it would not arrive him neither to the sole of the
          >shoes to SNK MILLENIUM , with that which the games of SNK Millenium in
          >comparison with those of AD, they would be much better.
          >
          >Also if you notice it is not so absurd that SNK throws a new console: SNK
          >always had taken out some that another console , some with but success, and
          >another with less, but it is necessary to recognize that all the consoles
          >of
          >SNK are you authenticate beasts. And because not to think now, a new
          >console???
          >And because not!!! If you notice SNK this beginning has to open up to new
          >forms of game, I refer to that SNK is the queen of games of action in 2D,
          >but almost all are of fight or platforms, on the other hand now SNK you
          >this
          >opening up every time but to the mind completely the I publish, and now
          >same
          >this working in new games in 3D type Koudelka , and of conduction. That
          >something means, no??? The fact that SNK this making new games of other
          >styles like Resident Evil , and above that they are very good, it is one it
          >authenticates marvel, and a great test to think that SNK this making a new
          >console.
          >
          >Also SNK like it is a great one multinational of the videojuegos, you
          >cannot
          >center so alone in making games for NG POCKET, HYPER 64 AND NG CART. SNK
          >would say that it is as SEGA that has that to take out games and at the
          >same
          >time consoles, because you fix you:
          >He numbers of games that leave for NG Cart, Neo Geo CD, Dreamcast, PSX is
          >very under , and they don't end up overcoming 15 games like a lot along the
          >year. Excepting the Neo Geo Pocket that for this if that juegos. Also
          >leaves to comment that we say that SNK has not gone him very well in the
          >business of those consoles, and now that they work him very well the things
          >with the NG Pocket, I suppose that SNK wants to give the one great jump ,
          >and to eat up to the other marks as Sega, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.
          >
          >Good to also comment that SNK Millenium also contributes a great benefit
          >for
          >the user, since it integrates a modem of anything but and anything less
          >than
          >128 Kb. it should be a terrible modem, since an a normal modem and current
          >does about 36 Kb have. That not differs??? And naturally the same as it
          >happens with AD, the modem would be good for the connection to Internet,
          >and
          >this to go to you paginate web and to discharge things, and it stops to
          >play
          >to games through the Net.
          >
          >Good the console comes 5 grooves small below where he/she has located the
          >DVD, two of them they are to connect the controls, y the other ones three
          >are to connect he/she enters cards by heart, special Joysticks, and all
          >type
          >of accessories. This very well thought .
          >By the way on the control of the console we have not been able to him to
          >see.
          >
          >To comment that the console is quite reduced, very similar to the AD, but a
          >little but cuadradita and but thick. you already Forget you the carcasa
          >piece that the Neo had Geo CD.
          >SNK Millenium occupies very little space.
          >
          >In the part of behind the console we have been able to observe that he/she
          >brings many connectors . The console to say that it takes a cable that
          >he/she goes of course connected from the tele to this console and another
          >clearing this, for the electric current, another for the phone line of the
          >modem. And beside these I eat there are already statement is many, about 10
          >if wrong doesn't remember. I suppose that they will be for to connect
          >adapters , or sew this way.
          >
          >We have not said a thing, and it is that the prototype that we saw era of
          >color black azulenco that is to say that the console will be of strong blue
          >color throwing to black.
          >
          >
          >Him but curious that have seen of the console, it is that for the first
          >time
          >in the one world of the consoles that I know next to the PSX - 2, this it
          >is
          >the first one console DVD that the DVD is opened frontly . That is to say
          >that won't be had to lift the cover. Curious, no???
          >
          >Alone we have been able to see some how many pictures of SNK Millenium, and
          >for other people's causes, we cannot become trained these pictures. But
          >certainly that when they give us permission , the escanearemos, and I will
          >teach them to you.
          >
          >Regarding the games or let us give of happiness it schemes, we have not
          >been
          >able to see neither an alone one image , neither static, neither in
          >movement. For what we cannot tell you anything. But alone looking at the
          >characteristics of the console, you can already imagine as they will be the
          >games...
          >Hallucinating, spectacular, rapids, addictive, and Impressive !!!
          >
          >As you see everything they are praises for this new one it schemes of SNK,
          >but he/she can also have their inconveniences. If finally it ended up
          >leaving, surely the console and but being of SNK would be about as minimum
          >those 60.000 Ptas . The games to the being in DVD, because I suppose from
          >9.000 to 12.000 Ptas. And the biggest inconvenience, because that the alone
          >console came out in the country Japanese, given the failures that he/she
          >had
          >SNK in Spain overalls, with consoles previous to the NG Pocket. If finally
          >the console ends up leaving some day, we would really like a lot him to
          >leave not so alone in Japan , but also in it USES and Europe clearing.
          >
          >Apart from that, it is also necessary to say that the console consists of
          >two fans , one located, in the part of behind, next to the connections of
          >cables, and the other one this in the part lateral right of the console. As
          >the AD, but that if, the groove of the fans, is but big that the one of AD.
          >
          >There is a thing that surprised us really of the console, and it is that
          >under this, it takes like one small cover that if you open it there is a
          >quite big groove. Very similar to what N64 takes, AND so that it is this
          >groove??? Because we don't know it, but he/she can that it was for to
          >install , some type of Súper accessory. The same thing that passes the N64
          >that thanks to the groove that he/she has under the console, the one can be
          >connected CD 64 , and the 64 Disk Drive.
          >
          >The console also, and this is of thanking, because for example the PSX
          >didn't bring it, it is an exit for headphones . And another for the music
          >chain. This seems that it is a foolishness, but to play for example a KOF,
          >with headphones, also mola, and also that I forgot it, the console beside
          >the exit of headphones one brings sweep of volume for these.
          >
          >But you sew, up of the console, it takes a logo very traditional, the
          >initials in blue " SNK ", and under " Millenium " everything in letters,
          >and
          >very insolent.
          >
          >There is a thing that we have not commented. And it is that the console
          >like
          >the PSX 2 and the AD, it takes a control Panel. No we have been able to him
          >to see, but for what you/they have told us, it would take the one Microsoft
          >Windows C.E. or the SNK Control Panel. That this I finish serious as one
          >species of control panel like the one that has AD that would be good to see
          >that you have by heart in the card, to listen music , to see that you have
          >in the hard disk, access to Internet, and many things but that don't know
          >neither us.
          >
          >On the hard disk, it is necessary to say that SNK Millenium, is already as
          >a
          >computer. As they have told us that those cards by heart, alone they would
          >be good to save those departures of the games and to load them. But when
          >you
          >wanted to discharge yourself you sew from Internet, you would have to
          >discharge it it in the one hard disk that it incorporates the console. Also
          >the same as it happens with AD, this cannot assure it, him but sure, it is
          >that he/she is also been able to to connect kind of a Iomega Zip , for the
          >discharge of things. A good utility.
          >
          >Good but or we have less already told you everything of" SNK MILLENIUM ",
          >alone before ending up, to comment this:
          >
          >
          >It will leave some day SNK MILLENIUM ???
          >
          >God willing !!!
          >
          >SNK THE FUTURE IS NOW"
          >
          >In the web there are pictures of new Samurai Spirits for this machine, i
          >wish that is true ^^
          >
          >ByeBye
          >
          >Vander Fujisaki

Comment

Now that sounds interesting ...

Let me think this out ... there was an interview sometime back when some representative of Matrox mentioned something about getting rid of current fillrate limitations ... then all those leaked infos which almost all included a slight hint of a possible real beast to come from big M ... (now my own thoughts) - two graphics CPUs cannot be the end of the tunnel, there were things discussed like tile based rendering, dualtransfer memory design and other fancies ...

Could it be that Matrox has a really big gun behind their curtains ???

Oh boy, I wished we wouldn't have to base everything on speculation and had some more facts instead ... sigh

------------------

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

God, a 128 bps modem - how cool is that! Just a touch quicker than TeleType (110bps)!

I gues they meant 128kbps - it has a MODEM that works at that speed? Not possible! A dual ISDN card, maybe, but not a modem.

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Sh*t on that modem, Stevie !!!

It's the G-Pun that I want ...

Pentium ... IV @ 900MHz sounds interesting too, doesn't it ?

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Okay, so what's a GPUN then? Almost sounds like some weightless boots in an FPS
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

I don't care what it is, Jord ... I just want to have it in my next gfx card !

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

>Im spanish but my english is bad -_-, using a translater this is the result

..Let's hope that not too much is lost in the translation eh? Translators do tend to hiccup on technical terms!!

Vic

..If someone could send me a console to test, I'll write a review in English :-)

Comment

Why would anyone bother with an Intel high end chip at this point unless they need SMP? AMD Athlon(Thunderbird) at 1GHz blows the doors off the 933MHz P3 that is currently available. Yes, you can't GET anything higher than a P3 933, because Intel has problems with their manufacturing process. But, yea, I want that new Matrox card! I've been using Matrox cards exclusively since the G100 came out(was cheap with ok performance, just wasn't very good at 3D). These people who think Nvidia and 3Dfx are good really havn't looked at image qualty as the key.

Comment

These numbers are roughly 20 times higher than the g2force2's numbers! I hope it's the next generation and not several generations ahead.

ps:
                          AMD seems to have a better product indeed. I am currently debating with myself whether to get an Athlon or pIII. The only thing in favor of Intel is that VIA is the only company producing chipsets for the Athlon at the moment and that's making my decision very difficult. On the other hand, pIII and i815 will be so expensive compared to AMD's alternative, that the price difference would almost be like getting the mobo for free. decisions, decisions....
                          Salmonius

Comment

I think this is just BS.

Comment

Working...
                            X