Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Athlon... umm help

I have Athlon 650 FIC sd-11 and G400 DH
    I had "grabbled screen" problem on MSI6167 and also on Fic sd-11... is there a motherboard that DOESNT have problems with g400? and no my irqs are not shared, i have a fan on it, blah blah... it just doesnt work!
    blah blah blah

I used to have grabage screen problem on my K7M too. Everytime I shut down the PC for a while, the PC will boot into a grabage screen.

I discover that this happens when using the AMD AGP mini port driver. The AGP miniport driver allows the G400 to run on 2X, but if somehow the G400 fail to run at 2X and instead falls to 1X, the grabage screen things will come.

My problem disappear when I 'force' the G400 to be at 2X using the registry tweak. Maybe you can try that too.

Comment

You see, with this mobo, if I run at AGP 2x, i get crabbeled screen in the middle of doing something... So its not stable at AGP2x and at 1x i get grabled screen when i turn my computer on after Turning it off (not restarting)
      blah blah blah

Comment

Yes, there actually is a motherboard that works with the G400, my Asus K7V haven't had any kind of problems with the matrox and I'm running it @ 150/200...
        But my soundblaster 64PCI on the other hand SUCKS big time, crappy sound with newer games and when I updated the drivers (for the crapblaster) my games started crashing, but the 4-bit sound scraple dissipeared though...
        A3D-card incoming...
        My system:
        | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
        homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

what about K7 Pro owners?
          blah blah blah

Comment

any1 else?
            blah blah blah

Comment

Works fine on my Abit KA7.

Running my Athlon 700 @ 805. Just install the latest VIA drivers and it works fine.

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Well.. I wanted to get a stable board as cheap as possible. I will probably get K7 PRO
                blah blah blah

Comment

Speeder, it does work on the MSI 6167! I've used it for the last 9 months as a test bed now and don't have any problems like that. It works fine on the K7 Pro (6195) also.

From those I've talked to say it works fine on the FIC SD-11 now (didn't work early on very well).

------------------
                  Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
                  Anyone up for an Athlon800+? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
                  CPUmark99 75
                  FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I had the same problem on my K7m you just need to turn off a feature in the bios .
                    Try turning off "ClkGen for empty PCi/Dimm" It redices EMI and should sort out that problem. (Worked for my G200)
                    Pete

Comment

Works fine on my Gigabyte 71-XE (although the board only supports pc100 ram,it has a nice range for the processor(500-1Ghz).

Comment

Working...
                      X